lakaix15

lakaix15

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Supports:RBNY and Wisla Krakow

http://www.laprensag...onal/21398.html

my spanish is bad but does it say that the sporting director told the news site that the transfer is official and it was a 30k transfer tag?

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Not sure of the chronology of the articles, but this is from Brian Lewis' article in the NY Post yesterday about Pacheco.

"As far as Alfredo Pacheco, he's under contract at CD FAS, so Agoos couldn't comment on him. But the team denied reports from El Salvador that Pacheco had agreed to personal terms, and if I had to guess, Johnson will be your new right back. If Celades gets paid, I'm not sure how much money will be lying around for transfer fees, since Pacheco won't come free."

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

metroveli96

metroveli96

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
it basically sez we reached an economic agreement with pachecos club for 30k and that he will join the team once we return from argentina. doesnt rly have any quotes but claims that FAS president confirmed it.

imo sounds kinda low for a transfer but maybe pachecos club is doin bad financially and need money or maybe its a loan deal. i wud def be happy if osorio managed to bring both pacheco and johnson, even thou i havent seen either play too much both are national team players with experience who can surely upgrade the fulback spots.

metroveli96

metroveli96

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
brian lewis also has this on his blog, same source

lakaix15

lakaix15

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
Ives too

http://www.soccerbyi...as-for-30k.html

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT
this seem like a solid move.With Pacheco and possibly Johnson also would that pretty much mean a four man backline?And at 30k transfer, it's like pulling an old Cream album out of the bargain bin at Woolworths. Steve ,Jake :cheers:

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,695 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not sure of the chronology of the articles, but this is from Brian Lewis' article in the NY Post yesterday about Pacheco.

"As far as Alfredo Pacheco, he's under contract at CD FAS, so Agoos couldn't comment on him. But the team denied reports from El Salvador that Pacheco had agreed to personal terms, and if I had to guess, Johnson will be your new right back. If Celades gets paid, I'm not sure how much money will be lying around for transfer fees, since Pacheco won't come free."

I guess $30k isn't technically "free," but its as close as you can get. Any guesses on salary?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
MLS Cup back four ...

Leitch - Jimenez - Mendes - Goldy

Possible opening day line-up...

Pacheco - Petke - Goldy - Johnson

I call that an upgrade.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

Real Madrid

Real Madrid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metros and Real Madrid

I guess $30k isn't technically "free," but its as close as you can get. Any guesses on salary?

My guess his salarywill be around $100-150 K. He is after all the captain of the national team. Having said that I did the math two days ago (taking salaries from player's union page) subtracted the salaries of the players we lost, released, etc. added Oduro's and Smith's salary, made up Hall's, Zimmerman's, etc. multiplied Richard's by 3 (I read somewhere he got a nice raise), increased Cepero's as well, and still figured that we can pay Pacheco around that salary, Johnson around $90 K, and still have $300+ K for Celades... hopefully that will get it done.

BTW, it is a shame we are paying Vallo $198 K, Mendes $70 K, and Conway $105 K since they probably wont start.

Here are my numbers (please keep in mind that I'm not allocating for other raises and that I have no idea what the salary cap will be this year... oh and that since MLS is the most secretive league in history I also have no idea how many allocations we will use this year to increase the cap):

1 Angel Juan Pablo $1,593,750
2 Albert Celades $310,000
3 Pietravallo Juan $192,000
4 Alfredo Pacheco $148,953
5 Conway Jon $115,000
6 Stammler Seth $105,000
7 Richards Dane $99,000
8 Rojas Jorge $94,000
9 Carlos Johnson $90,000
10 Goldthwaite Kevin $77,750
11 Mendes Carlos $70,987
12 Wolyniec John $68,906
13 Kandji Macoumba $56,988
14 Smith Khano $46,305
15 Boyens Andrew $43,750
16 Cepero Daniel $40,000
17 Boss Terry $35,500
18 Ubiparipovic Sinisa $33,000
19 Oduro Dominic $33,000
20 Jeremy Hall $30,000
21 Nick Zimmerman $17,700
22 Jack Traynor $17,700
23 Sassano Luke $17,700
24 M'Buta Andongcho $12,900

Totals $3,367,589

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,770 posts
you're including JPA's total salary in there...only 350-400k counts against the cap i believe

5 year plan

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
Real Madrid,

2 things:

1. We have a lot of allocatinon money which allows us to spend over the cap
2. Angel is a DP. His entire salary does not count against the cap. I believe $400K or $450K counts against the cap.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts

MLS Cup back four ...

Leitch - Jimenez - Mendes - Goldy

Possible opening day line-up...

Pacheco - Petke - Goldy - Johnson

I call that an upgrade.

Both you and I hope so.....but who knows? I've never seen Pacheco or Johnson play so I don't know.

Three are a lot of guys who were SUPPOSE to be upgrades, that everyone got hyped about. We all "HEARD" good things about guys that turned out to be not so good.

Think Peter Canero, Sergio Galvan Rey, Marcus Schopp, etc.

lakaix15

lakaix15

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
well as of now i dont believe it because

1. hes not american
2. we dont have a International slot, if we sign johnson

So, this is the only way i see this happen

1. Borman gets cut
2. Pacheco's mom is a american, he gets his green card
3. Aussie gets his green card
4. we do another great trade for allocation and international slot

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

you're including JPA's total salary in there...only 350-400k counts against the cap i believe

Since he is our only DP signed its 350K. If we sign another DP the ap hit is 400K.

So that estimated cap total he posted once you subtract the 1.1M from Angel is within the Cap limits this season...and also doesnt even take into consideration any allocation money we may have used to pay down salaries in 2009.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users