13 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I love that RBNY is the youngest team in the league. If they pull off this deal for Parker would be  a clear win in my eyes addressing a real need.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I love that RBNY is the youngest team in the league. If they pull off this deal for Parker would be  a clear win in my eyes addressing a real need.

Dallas may have us beat.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Dallas may have us beat.   

They do.

Dallas: 23.9

NYRB: 24.3

Atlanta: 24.5

San Jose: 24.8

https://www.transfer...wettbewerb/MLS1

Dallas is aided, however, by the fact that they have a ton of very young players on their squad who have no chance of playing in MLS this season, and would be on a USL team in a better organization.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

They do.

Dallas is aided, however, by the fact that they have a ton of very young players on their squad who have no chance of playing in MLS this season, and would be on a USL team in a better organization.

Noticed the same.  We'll definitely average the youngest as per first team minutes played this year.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Noticed the same.  We'll definitely average the youngest as per first team minutes played this year.

I'm not sure how it will translate this year, but if they can keep enough of the band together for a few years and keep adding smart pieces, then we could have a nice run.

After watching the 2nd string against Houston you can see that many of them have a lot of developing to do before we can claim "deepest team ever", LOL

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They do.

So weird that FCD doesn't have a NPSL/PDL U23 team or a USL team. They'd benefit from both, imo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

So weird that FCD doesn't have a NPSL/PDL U23 team or a USL team. They'd benefit from both, imo. 

Considering who owns them, it's not weird.  Considering how great their academy has been, and how much it appears has been invested in it, it's very weird.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
You mean the Hunts?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Considering who owns them, it's not weird.  Considering how great their academy has been, and how much it appears has been invested in it, it's very weird.

hey, ain't my deal. i'd be fucking scared if they made moves to start up a U23 team and a USL team. that'd be bad ass, and all those academy kids would have a chance to get real minutes. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Olesh

Olesh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars Black

To this day, I think Bob Bradley's 2004 Metrostars team is still the youngest in MLS history. Truly ahead of their time.

https://www.transfer.../saison_id/2003

Including the youngest line-up in MLS history by almost a full year. The Kenny Arena butt-goal game!

https://www.transfer...bericht/1140556

Youngest Lineup

June 19, 2004 (Metrostars 2:1 Los Angeles)

27.40-John Wolyniec
25.22-Chris Leitch
23.36-Kenny Arena
23.31-Zach Wells
22.98-Tim Regan
22.24-Jeff Parke
21.88-Pablo Brenes
21.36-Ricardo Clark
20.96-Gilberto Flores
19.79-Mike Magee
17.65-Eddie Gaven

Average age: 22.38 years

http://usasoccer.blo...st-lineups.html

Thanks again Alexi...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

thx for the walk down memory lane!!! lol 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Seattle v TFC in the MLS cup last season. The average age for those teams is both over 26. Based off that, Im thinking being young isnt necessarily all that? Still looking forward to this season and liking our squad.

Really looking forward to youngster Kaku.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Seattle v TFC in the MLS cup last season. The average age for those teams is both over 26. Based off that, Im thinking being young isnt necessarily all that? Still looking forward to this season and liking our squad.

Really looking forward to youngster Kaku.

The attraction of the youth is the potential for them to grow together. Personally I am keeping my expectations low for this season. They likely need time.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The attraction of the youth is the potential for them to grow together. Personally I am keeping my expectations low for this season. They likely need time.

That, and how it works well with our press.  But mostly that.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users