861 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

They better honor those extra seats. I'm assuming that's the case since they mention they locked in 2020 rates for 2021.

My buddy has 2 extra seats at the 25th anniversary prices and they told him they'd honor that price for 1 more year (will revert in 2022)

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,423 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

More live soccer today, this time in the Costa Rican Primera League:

Herediano at Saprissa, 10 pm on ESPN3

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"The league stopped caring about us when the slavers ponied up money for the abortion across the river." - MetroFanatic

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,059 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Is Fredo going to wreck me?
https://www.nj.com/n...upport-him.html

Those who parents died in nursing home after his Health Dept. compelled them to accept Covid cases disagree:
https://nypost.com/2...o-late-goodwin/

Fredo now blaming CDC:
https://nypost.com/2...ng-home-deaths/
I have not seen a link to a CDC mandate yet.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I like Cuomo and I think hes handled this pretty well.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I like Cuomo and I think hes handled this pretty well.

At minimum his press conferences have been really well done, he's able to put his own ego aside and deliver the facts. He sticks to what his plan is, why he's doing it, and the information its all based on. He speaks with empathy and responds to "gotcha" questions with poise. The only one who has really been able to get under his skin even a little through all this is Trump, but squabbles between Trump and governors was inevitable.

The nursing home thing isn't a good look though, feels like any other time he's pointed back to federal guidance he's been able to be pretty specific about it. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

...The only one who has really been able to get under his skin even a little through all this is Trump,...

Seems like he spent more time calling out Mitch.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,059 posts

watched the K-league on YouTube. ...
maybe a handful of other people in the stadium.

Did you take a close look at those other people?
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/52740867

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,514 posts

I also like Cuomo and in the press conferences but the nursing home thing is massive.  Most of the deaths of this damn virus is in Nursing homes so protecting them is everything.  A vast, vast majority of people manage with this just fine.  

As far as I see, some states didn't have Covid patients being admitted to nursing homes so it's clearly a state by state decision.  If that's the case, then the governors that did the wrong deserve every bit of shit coming their way and the governors who did the right thing deserve to be recognized.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I also like Cuomo and in the press conferences but the nursing home thing is massive.  Most of the deaths of this damn virus is in Nursing homes so protecting them is everything.  A vast, vast majority of people manage with this just fine.  

As far as I see, some states didn't have Covid patients being admitted to nursing homes so it's clearly a state by state decision.  If that's the case, then the governors that did the wrong deserve every bit of shit coming their way and the governors who did the right thing deserve to be recognized.

And Murphy gets lumped in with Cuomo on the nursing home debacle. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,914 posts

Mexican clausura canceled.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,059 posts

Wow. https://www.cbssport...wned-in-mexico/

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Thats what happens when you have multiple teams owned by the same ownership group. The bottom half teams (which belonged to same ownership groups like Atlas/Morelia) didnt want to resume the league. They owned double the votes (one per Team) compared to the independently owned teams (like Guadalajara) who wanted to continue.

LIGA MX is a shitty managed league right now. Thats why they abandoned promotion/relegation and are really interested in either creating a merged league with MLS or adopting the MLS model (sponsorship, tv deal, etc).

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Thats what happens when you have multiple teams owned by the same ownership group. The bottom half teams (which belonged to same ownership groups like Atlas/Morelia) didnt want to resume the league. They owned double the votes (one per Team) compared to the independently owned teams (like Guadalajara) who wanted to continue.

LIGA MX is a shitty managed league right now. Thats why they abandoned promotion/relegation and are really interested in either creating a merged league with MLS or adopting the MLS model (sponsorship, tv deal, etc).

Owners owning multiple teams in a league, where have we seen THAT before?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,914 posts

Owners owning multiple teams in a league, where have we seen THAT before?

To be fair, MLS needed it to stay afloat. Liga MX, however...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,059 posts
We would be hosting the Scum tonight.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users