173 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Looking at the expected game time temperature of 27F there will likely be 5-6k in the stands tops. Anyone with an IQ higher than a goldfish would have early afternoon starts for matches in the north and other places that are known to not have a mild climate but the fools at Apple are demanding uniform start times for some reason that only makes sense to them.

Can anyone remind me how the Sept. Smurf and the Oct. Nashville games were exceptions?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I am seeing expect temp of 37, feels like 33 on Saturday night. That's not too bad.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Looking at the expected game time temperature of 27F there will likely be 5-6k in the stands tops. Anyone with an IQ higher than a goldfish would have early afternoon starts for matches in the north and other places that are known to not have a mild climate but the fools at Apple are demanding uniform start times for some reason that only makes sense to them.

Teens or low 20s with snow in the forecast the next Saturday night in Minnesota. Hoping for an orange ball and fingers crossed that no one gets frostbite.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

We'll see how it pans out and I will remain open minded, but I dont disagree... 
Last night I also thought MLS season started, maybe I'll put on a random game - there used to be a Sunday night game... 

I am hoping that Apple is flexible. Try it like this, then start altering schedule, ala NFL sunday early morning games and Monday and Thursday night games....

Temp-wise I would totally go to the game this weekend, but with a kid, its dependent on temp. 27 is rough. Rough for players too.  I'll keep an eye on the weather. They should open up a 4:30 slot - 4:30, 7:30, 10:30.

There was a Sunday night game. Seattle smashed Colorado.

I do agree that they should open up more time slots.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Can anyone remind me how the Sept. Smurf and the Oct. Nashville games were exceptions?

Smurfs are controlled by Yankee Stadium availability and the last game of the year might be re-scheduled if it effects the Shield race? Ie, if East and West teams are up for the Shield, they want them playing at the same time.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Lol. The Predictor game on Members+ gives the correct answer for the first goal in the Nashville game as being between the 51'-60'. Apparently the fix is in.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

----Vanzier-Barlow--

----Morgan---Luqs---

------CCJ---Amaya---

-Tolk-Sneal-Rey-Harp

----------Coronel-------

Hoping Dante is ready for 45'. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

----Vanzier-Barlow--

----Morgan---Luqs---

------CCJ---Amaya---

-Tolk-Sneal-Rey-Harp

----------Coronel-------

Hoping Dante is ready for 45'. 

You think he'll start or second half super sub around 60-70th minute?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I feel like standard protocol has been to ease guys in with sub minutes. I'm expecting to see Manoel and Burke again, maybe Dante in the second half.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Smurfs are controlled by Yankee Stadium availability and the last game of the year might be re-scheduled if it effects the Shield race? Ie, if East and West teams are up fr the Shield, they want them playing at the same time.

Decision Day makes sense; surprised Smurfs get a pass

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Weird they are doing half NYCFC/Half Red Bull beanie give away. 

The blue side just says "New York' As far as I can tell. I would assume it's an NYCFC hat (or some random rip off souvenir hat)  if I saw on the street. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Weird they are doing half NYCFC/Half Red Bull beanie give away. 

The blue side just says "New York' As far as I can tell. I would assume it's an NYCFC hat (or some random rip off souvenir hat)  if I saw on the street. 

Its more of a green blue than a smurf blue, with yellowish text like the away kit.   No one would associate it with a soccer team, NYCFC or otherwise.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
They are really trying to make this blue happen.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

Seems like it just matches the reversible jacket they were advertising via instagram earlier in the year.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Skimmed through the Nashville v NYCFC game, a few thoughts on what to expect from Nashville:

• MLS website shows them lining up in a 4-2-3-1 but both Godoy and Leal played further upfield than the graphic shows. Looked more like a 4-1-3-2.

• These guys are a snake in the grass. They're very patient on both sides of the ball, but when they strike they do it fast and they're lethal.

• They are absolutely killer on set pieces

• Offensively, all attacks either came from Zimmerman hitting a quick line-breaking pass to a striker, or build up across the back line and up the wings. Build-up through the midfield is basically non-existent. Their LW #14 is especially quick to get forward when an attack comes together, Harper/Duncan will have to be focused all 90 minutes.

• Defensively they let NYCFC attack and did not press much, which is a game plan we struggle against

• Their weakness in defense is Godoy, who does jack shit and left Davis on an island all game. I would love to see Luqui get on the ball and attack the middle of the field, he'll either blow past Godoy or draw a card guaranteed.

• Mukhtar is still a game changer. The guy who started in place of him, Leal, was not a threat all game but Mukhtar created a goal out of nothing almost immediately after coming on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users