115 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If hes not getting playing time in the Dutch 2nd division, I cant imagine hes attracting interest anywhere else in Europe. He can come back to MLS and reset his career.

he is good enough to play in Dutch, Belgium or Scandinavian 1st division. the issue is does any of these clubs want to use an international slot on a foreigner and unproven player. A small club could bite and should but, i think for an american player, the best way to make $$ is to try to make the US NT team.  the best path for that is to come back to RBNY.

young Americans with good potential went the small club route and are currently stuck. look at  olusunde, julien green, and luca de la torre. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Get him back, sell him on the fact we have a pipeline back to Europe if he does well enough.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I don't see Gloster stepping right in over Pendant so left back might take another year to solidify as Gloster, Tolkin and potentially HGP Kevin O'Toole develop.

The other issue is needing those guys to develop with the USL team. Gloster might make the MLS 18, while Tolkin starts for NYRBII. Or have Gloster as left back with NYRBII, get Tolkin more minutes at defensive mid, and have Tarek, Duncan, and Egbo in case of an injury (or just plain poor performance) to Pendant. Kevin O'Toole played superb as an academy player with the USL Championship team in 2016. Princeton used him much further up the field, so not sure if he is in the plans, especially if Gloster does sign here.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

I don't see Gloster stepping right in over Pendant so left back might take another year to solidify as Gloster, Tolkin and potentially HGP Kevin O'Toole develop.

The other issue is needing those guys to develop with the USL team. Gloster might make the MLS 18, while Tolkin starts for NYRBII. Or have Gloster as left back with NYRBII, get Tolkin more minutes at defensive mid, and have Tarek, Duncan, and Egbo in case of an injury (or just plain poor performance) to Pendant. Kevin O'Toole played superb as an academy player with the USL Championship team in 2016. Princeton used him much further up the field, so not sure if he is in the plans, especially if Gloster does sign here.

i can see egbo being the odd man out. he cant be happy being the back up to duncan after being a youth international for england.  he might also have some transfer value due to the whole brexit issue. 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

gloster could easily step above pendant and play right away. He just need an opportunity the talent and ability is all there as seen in u-20 World Cup

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

let them all compete and let the best one win.  No offense but the presence of O'Toole or even Tolkin who can play in multiple spots shouldnt stop them from signing a U20 world cup player.  There should be enough game time for them if they rotate and move guys around sometimes.  If Gloster ends up with Tab in Houston I'll be pissed.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

let them all compete and let the best one win.

This.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

let them all compete and let the best one win. ..

WHy you need signings early, and coaches who can actually evaluate talent and not get fooled by guys who are simply good in practice.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'd imagine that Gloster is having his rep(s) look into Bundesliga 2 or 3 for teams not named Hannover. No need to sign with a Regionaliga team, since he's already played more than a dozen games at that level already. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

gloster could easily step above pendant and play right away. He just need an opportunity the talent and ability is all there as seen in u-20 World Cup

gloster would definitely be an upgrade going forward. as for defense, its going to be a toss up. they are both weak and could get pushed off the ball. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

I've seen a lot of great players in the YNT World Cups throughout the years. Far too many don't pan out at the professional level in USL, nevermind lock down a starting position in MLS after standing out at the YNT level.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

I've seen a lot of great players in the YNT World Cups throughout the years. Far too many don't pan out at the professional level in USL, nevermind lock down a starting position in MLS after standing out at the YNT level.

true but from what Ive seen he is ready at a similar level as Duncan imo.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I dont know about his ceiling but I know hes not a bum.

And hes one of ours and Im always gonna be a sucker for that sentiment.

So I want him back. He can fight for his minutes. If hes up for the move then I want management to get it done.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Where is the US camp? We can have him stop by for a quick trial before or after.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

I dont know about his ceiling but I know hes not a bum.

And hes one of ours and Im always gonna be a sucker for that sentiment.

So I want him back. He can fight for his minutes. If hes up for the move then I want management to get it done.

100% agreed.

My only argument was that I don't see him coming in and replacing Pendant as the starter for the MLS team with limited professional minutes and looking at just his time with the U20s. Anyone who follows our academy would want him here and the starter in 2022.

He took a similar path to Duncan by playing with the reserves, rejecting a deal (Duncan with NYRBII, Gloster as HGP) to try their luck overseas. Didn't pan out but absolutely worthy of a contract here.

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users