2751 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Just imagine for real you go from Sir Alex to Ben Olsen. Wow.

Filet mignon to bologna sandwiches

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Filet mignon to bologna spam sandwiches

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Filet mignon to bologna spam sandwiches

Thats true. Thats an insult to Mortadella.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
https://twitter.com/...6974001152?s=21

Heres Wayne Rooney sunburnt as fuck for everybodys viewing pleasure. Welcome to MLS!

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

RFK is gone, but Audi Field is already falling down . . . http://www.espn.com/...y-wifi-problems

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

What! A! Shithole!

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Watching the highlights.....I really hate field level suites. It completely ruins the atmosphere on a broadcast.

Looking at the stands that show up in the broadcast, instead a crowd of rabid fans you get a few barcaloungers and sliding doors with people on cell phones. DC's new diggs look especially bad on TV. You get these big empty white walls instead of actual people because they've elevated the stands so high off the field to fit the suites. Looks awful.

It's not just here. Baseball has this problem with ultra elite seats behind home plate. NFL too. Just a huge pet peeve of mine in stadium design. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

field level suites ... completely ruin the atmosphere on a broadcast ... DC's new diggs look especially bad on TV ... big empty white walls instead of actual people because they've elevated the stands ...
It's not just here. Baseball has this problem with ultra elite seats behind home plate. NFL too.

It always looks like no one is at Mets & Yankees games, because the sections behind home plate are usually half to 3/4s empty. Much of that crowd are inside the restaurants, watching on TV. Also, the teams became infatuated with selling prime seats for $500 to $1,000 each, becoming scalpers in the process.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Apparently DCU can't waste any time playing in a stadium that's already decaying.

https://deadspin.com...-c-s-1827632149

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
No DC love for 2 of 3 SGs?
https://www.washingt...i-field-protest
Perhaps we are lucky that RB can only half-fill RBA.
Otherwise GSU could have been shut out of 133.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

No DC love for 2 of 3 SGs?
https://www.washingt...i-field-protest
Perhaps we are lucky that RB can only half-fill RBA.
Otherwise GSU could have been shut out of 133.

I was told by someone that this is an active initiative by the league to have teams only have one supporters group for legal reasons and also being able to control them. Take that for what it's worth.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Watching the highlights.....I really hate field level suites. It completely ruins the atmosphere on a broadcast.

Looking at the stands that show up in the broadcast, instead a crowd of rabid fans you get a few barcaloungers and sliding doors with people on cell phones. DC's new diggs look especially bad on TV. You get these big empty white walls instead of actual people because they've elevated the stands so high off the field to fit the suites. Looks awful.

It's not just here. Baseball has this problem with ultra elite seats behind home plate. NFL too. Just a huge pet peeve of mine in stadium design. 

I don't know if the suites on the broadcast are directly related to this, but most of the TV sight lines were lost and they had to shift kickoff times for the rest of the year because they didn't realize that the sun glare would shine directly into most of the TV cameras until like a month ago.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I am glad that DC finally got a stadium of their own, and that it is still a complete shithole.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
The new stadium is probably not a complete shithole.
Still, the birthing problems (so far: design flaws, SG issues and poor construction) go hand-in-hand with the flawed leadership of Olsen.
The laughter continues. I await the first duct tape tifo.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

I don't know if the suites on the broadcast are directly related to this, but most of the TV sight lines were lost and they had to shift kickoff times for the rest of the year because they didn't realize that the sun glare would shine directly into most of the TV cameras until like a month ago.

Wouldn't change the broadcast angle on TV, there's no camera perches on the other side of the field. The patio area along the side line with the sliding doors just looks so bad on TV. It's probably not a big deal in person since you always see the full crowd, but on a broadcast all you see is what looks like some picnic going on next to the field. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users