njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Not much competition for best ever:
http://www.metrofana...ayer.jsp?ID=141

LOL. On the real, I wish it was us that signed Swiderski instead of Charlotte. He would have been perfect for this team.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I feel defeated. Have rooted for this team since Henry came in 2010 and patiently waited for a Polak to root for. We (me, family, extended family) were so excited to have a Polish player join our favorite team and represent us. Lo and behold, he arrives in the form of a $5MM transfer fee from Celtic! You can imagine the excitement - we were ready to buy him countless rounds of Zywiec at the local bars in Garfield and Wallington. 

Turns out he sucks and everyone hates him. Has a shit attitude to boot. Glad I got that Klimala jersey as a birthday present  :)+

Not worth what we paid, but if we get a legit #9 that can push Klimala to a sub role, I think theres a chance he be effective off the bench.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Not worth what we paid, but if we get a legit #9 that can push Klimala to a sub role, I think theres a chance he be effective off the bench.

I totally agree, except I don't know about his temperament for that. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I totally agree, except I don't know about his temperament for that. 

A definite problem, thats made harder for Struber to rectify bc he cant really punish Klimala when his attitude sucks. Theres no one on the bench other than Barlow now, so its hard for Struber to bench Klimala.

We saw Struber sub on and then sub off Harper last year, when the player wasnt playing hard or smart (I cant remember which), so we know Struber isnt afraid to do that.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

does klimala's contract end in 2023 or 2024?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

personally, i would like to see Clark be converted into a forward. i always thought that he was more of a forward than a creator.  his finishing skills are top notch and, like klimala, he knows how to find the open space. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Now only if there was a World Cup for player who run the channels. Klimala'd make the World Fucking XI for that tournament. /rollseyes 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Worse 2025. 4 year deal + team option

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I sincerely doubt that the team will exercise its team option in the 5th yr...lol

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

His contract ends 2024

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
In the G-xG stat where Kilmala was dead last in the league (by a wide margin) last season he is currently 25th worst.

Barlow 9th worst.

In good news Luq is 5th best and Morgan 12th best.

Underlying stats generally tell the same story our eyes can already see but I think we can all agree regression toward the mean ship has sailed for these 2 and they are just plain below average finishers.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Underlying stats generally tell the same story our eyes can already see but I think we can all agree regression toward the mean ship has sailed for these 2 and they are just plain below average finishers.

I think it was xG that Doyle said becomes predictive after 8 games or so. We're obviously pretty far past that by now

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

In the G-xG stat where Kilmala was dead last in the league (by a wide margin) last season he is currently 25th worst.

Barlow 9th worst.

Depends on whose metric you use.

American Soccer Analysis has Klimala 2nd-worst in the league (better than only Dominique Badji) and Barlow 8th-worst.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Klimala could have a role on this team as a super sub. His energy can influence a game. Hopefully during that time he can figure out his finishing

A super sub? Yeah. I am sure his piss poor attitude will improve knowing hes no longer considered good enough to be a starter on this team. He will end up being a locker room killer.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

A super sub? Yeah. I am sure his piss poor attitude will improve knowing hes no longer considered good enough to be a starter on this team. He will end up being a locker room killer.

There is nothing super about Klimala unfortunately. He had a nice stretch over a month ago when he was trying to make Poland NT for WC, where he gave some hope, but largely stunk before and since. He is a sub on a decent team - that's about it really. No super.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users