35 replies to this topic

PaintThisCityRed

PaintThisCityRed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Supports:MLS, NWSL, USA

I was curious about soccer as a kid in the 80's and 90's but didn't get exposed to it much because there was so little of it in the country. I tried to latch on to one of the major sports but that didn't stick for long; I didn't have the body type for them. So I became a runner. But there is no such thing as professional running league to follow. The MetroStars were there for anyone to follow, but unless you already knew what soccer was all about it was difficult to get one's feet wet. It wasn't until RBA opened up that I became a fan. I used to drive by the stadium at least twice a day and thought to myself "Wow, now it's time to see what I've been missing."  Anyway, here's a link. 

https://www.theguard...er-orlando-city

Fuck the right wing.

PaintThisCityRed

PaintThisCityRed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Supports:MLS, NWSL, USA

By the way, this was nice of you guys. Kudos to you. http://www.off-side....ly-banned-flags

Fuck the right wing.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
I can say we're like number 3. Having fake grass kills it. Houston is really 3? It's like a library there most of the time.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I can say we're like number 3. Having fake grass kills it. Houston is really 3? It's like a library there most of the time.

Right, no stadium with a carpet should be ranked ahead of us.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Yeah I call B.S. on this. RBA is at least in the top 5. Houston is above us? Come on.

LONG LIVE METRO

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Do like how much attention the Guardian has given MLS over recent years, though.  Nice of them to give us some love since the EPL is there and is always touted as top three leagues in the world.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

How is RFK not dead last? I fear for my safety when I set foot into that crumbling structure. 

We should definitely be at least Top 5, if not Top 3. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

How is RFK not dead last? I fear for my safety when I set foot into that crumbling structure. 

We should definitely be at least Top 5, if not Top 3. 

Says a lot about how shitty of a soccer viewing experience Yankee Stadium is.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

The supporters end on that Orlando Stadium looks fucking awesome

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I definitely think RBA is better than the stubhub center and century link.  I don't think theres ever any atmosphere to write home about at Galaxy games.  I really don't believe the atlanta stadium is going to be that great for a soccer game.  I don't mind BBVA and Avaya being up there but theyre not way ahead of ours. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I definitely think RBA is better than the stubhub center and century link.  I don't think theres ever any atmosphere to write home about at Galaxy games.  I really don't believe the atlanta stadium is going to be that great for a soccer game.  I don't mind BBVA and Avaya being up there but theyre not way ahead of ours. 

A friend of mine who lived in LA for awhile and went to tons of games at the SHC told me he thinks RBA is significantly better. The only person I've ever heard say something negative about RBA is a guy on another message board I frequent and unsurprisingly he's a rat urine guzzler fan.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

The supporters end on that Orlando Stadium looks fucking awesome

I was just doing a little looking online. If you try to buy tickets in the Orlando supporters end, there's a note on TicketMaster that says "This is an unreserved general admission section." There's super steep terracing in aforementioned GA section. As a supporter what more could you want?

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I was just doing a little looking online. If you try to buy tickets in the Orlando supporters end, there's a note on TicketMaster that says "This is an unreserved general admission section." There's super steep terracing in aforementioned GA section. As a supporter what more could you want?

Fist come first serve basis is what it should be.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Orlando's purple wall is a good idea they borrowed from Dortmund.

Atlanta will play in an NFL stadium featuring turf and 'downsizing technology' (glorified drapes). Guess I can't knock it until I see it for myself (not this year due to them playing at alternate location for our match) but I am skeptic.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

A friend of mine who lived in LA for awhile and went to tons of games at the SHC told me he thinks RBA is significantly better. The only person I've ever heard say something negative about RBA is a guy on another message board I frequent and unsurprisingly he's a rat urine guzzler fan.

Living here in LA and having gone to a handful of LA galaxy games every year(3-4). I can agree with this. They can loud at times like when the whole crowd gets into it, but those are rare occasions. 

Also I dont know how they can rank Orlando's stadium since they haven't played a game in it yet.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users