185 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Was I the only one really annoyed with the constant out of town updates during the game? I really don't give a shit about constantly seeing goals from other games when we simply need to win, showing them during halftime and after the game is enough.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Klimala ... isn't total garbage ...

He sure did his best to prove this to be wrong in the last few games

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Was I the only one really annoyed with the constant out of town updates during the game? I really don't give a shit about constantly seeing goals from other games when we simply need to win, showing them during halftime and after the game is enough.

Complaining about goals during dead times of our game? If they were cutting in during play, sure, that'd be annoying. But other than the pain of reminding us we have zero goals while other teams can score 6 and/or have DPs, it was pretty great imo.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Nealis guy was onside. Kamara in the middle was not, but did not interfere with the initial pass

Absolutely not. Check again - pause on 19th second as he passes: https://www.mlssocce...d-bulls-0-x1661

The guy is clearly offside, there is no debate about it. Nealis still tries to make a play to prevent him the ball with both of them shoulder to shoulder. I am not sure how this is not interfering with the play. But not for him, Nealis easily gets to the ball. This is absolutely incompetent refereeing, particularly with the benefit of VAR. If you know the rules Watch the play and tell me this is not offside. Here is the rule: "A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is penalized on becoming involved in active play by: 

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent" 

I understand if you don't know the rule you can say, well Nealis touched it last. But that does not matter. He interfered with play, challenged for the ball, and impacted Nealis. ALL of these are true. This is an absolute 100% clear cut offside if you know the rules.

This game should be a tie, it's just absolute horse shit.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Absolutely not. Check again - pause on 19th second as he passes: https://www.mlssocce...d-bulls-0-x1661

I originally thought Edwards was keeping Kamara onside but the field lines definitely say otherwise. I'm with you, I don't see how this wasn't called back for offside.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts
Sadly if defender deliberate tries to play ball that negates the above. But then again you wouldnt play the ball if offside player want playing the ball

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts
Striver said post match klimala had 2 chances he had to at least put on net
Team not sharp enough and undone by rough first 15 minutes

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,335 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Just when they had the chance to make us happy...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

So this is an awful stat...
https://twitter.com/...BCxTdw7ZGA&s=19

Omg this is insane. Although to be fair tonight was calllllling for a 10 and we just dont have one

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Sadly if defender deliberate tries to play ball that negates the above. But then again you wouldnt play the ball if offside player want playing the ball

It does not negate it. That's why I pasted the exact rule above. Nealis was clearly impacted by the person off-sides. But not for him Nealis easily gets to the ball. It's not like Nealis intercepted the ball, then made a stupid pass or was far from the Kamara and mishandled it. They were neck in neck battling for it. This is beyond idiotic how we had the game simply taken away from us. Utterly incompetent.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Alot of things to say about this game. But the one thing that sticks out most to me is Klimala. This guy is our ONLY big signing, a striker. He HAS to score on that big chance! He has a few goals yea, but over a full season this guy just does not live up to the expectations and the price tag this year.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

It's a dumbass rule and very likely to be altered soon. But yeah, that's correct, unfortunately. Happened in the Euro Nations League final recently.

https://theathletic....needs-changing/

https://www.espn.com...llowed-to-stand

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

It does not negate it. That's why I pasted the exact rule above. Nealis was clearly impacted by the person off-sides. But not for him Nealis easily gets to the ball. It's not like Nealis intercepted the ball, then made a stupid pass or was far from the Kamara and mishandled it. They were neck in neck battling for it.

Disagree that he was "clearly impacting Nealis" or that they were "neck and neck battling for it". There was space between them and zero physical contact.

The rule is dumb and should be changed asap but it's a valid goal by the rulebook as it stands.

Also, we stole the points from ourselves by not managing to score a goal the rest of the way. Blaming the offside decision is a weak excuse.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

It's a dumbass rule and very likely to be altered soon. But yeah, that's correct, unfortunately. Happened in the Euro Nations League final recently.

https://theathletic....needs-changing/

https://www.espn.com...llowed-to-stand

That's a tough one, given precedent like this... Still to me, Mbappe was a tougher call as he was running away from the defender who wasn't really close and tried to intercept. Maybe an argument can be made Mbappe was far, so he did not interfere with the interception attempt, I don't know. Here it is even clearer. Nealis and Kamara were right next to each other neck in neck fighting for the ball. I still think even with current rules, given the proximity to one another, this has to be called.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Disagree that he was "clearly impacting Nealis" or that they were "neck and neck battling for it". There was space between them and zero physical contact.

The rule is dumb and should be changed asap but it's a valid goal by the rulebook as it stands.

Also, we stole the points from ourselves by not managing to score a goal the rest of the way. Blaming the offside decision is a weak excuse.

Check again: Nealis is on the left side of Kamara closing in, Kamara slows and is between Nealis and the ball when Nealis pokes it kind of from the side. Kamara is clearly impeding Shawn's access to the ball. Even in Mbappe's case, he is farther from defender, and defender jumps in with Mbappe running away. Here, Kamara is literally between Nealis and the ball, only allowing access from the side: https://www.mlssocce...d-bulls-0-x1661 . Mbappe, given the stupid rule is questionable. This one is  not even close. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users