76 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Not looking good for Jesse - I can see him getting fired before Jan and back to us before the start of next season ....

Unless he gets another shot somewhere in Austria / lower in Germany.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not looking good for Jesse - I can see him getting fired before Jan and back to us before the start of next season ....

Losing to Man City happens. I think he has a few more months at least. 

If he does get canned, I don't think there is any way he comes back to NY. RBNY is a development team for RB global. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He'll get another shot in Europe instantly, if it comes to that.   RB seem to be a very patient organization, but maybe that's just here.    If somehow they do cut ties with him, the best possible scenario is kicking Berhalter to the curb.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

After losing Werner, Upamecano, Konate and Sabitzer,  Leipzig was never going to be as good as they've been the last few years, regardless of the coach.  Management may not see it that way and may still blame Marsch, but I don't think there's any coach in the world that could take this team to second in the Bundesliga, where they finished last year.

Marsch is destined to coach the USA, it's just a matter of when.  He's young, so it may not be for a while.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

After losing Werner, Upamecano, Konate and Sabitzer,  Leipzig was never going to be as good as they've been the last few years, regardless of the coach.  Management may not see it that way and may still blame Marsch, but I don't think there's any coach in the world that could take this team to second in the Bundesliga, where they finished last year.

Marsch is destined to coach the USA, it's just a matter of when.  He's young, so it may not be for a while.

Cuz Leipzig is just a feeder team

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Cuz Leipzig is just a feeder team

Or a place where players shine (Haaland) and get bought by bigger clubs (Dortmund, Bayern, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real, Barca, PSG, Juve, Inter, Milan). A stopover club, not a final destination.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Or a place where players shine (Haaland) and get bought by bigger clubs (Dortmund, Bayern, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real, Barca, PSG, Juve, Inter, Milan). A stopover club, not a final destination.

Haaland played for Salzburg, not Leipzig.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

His job status will be based on his domestic league performance, not the Champions League. RBL got an unlucky draw with both Man City & PSG. That said, RBLs Bundesliga record has been mediocre at best this year and theyll need to get better.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

His job status will be based on his domestic league performance, not the Champions League. RBL got an unlucky draw with both Man City & PSG. That said, RBLs Bundesliga record has been mediocre at best this year and theyll need to get better.

he only won 1 game and lost 3 in the league. not looking good. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

he only won 1 game and lost 3 in the league. not looking good. 

The only bad result is the first match against Mainz. A 0-1 away loss at top of the league Wolfsburg and a loss to Bayern arent horrible by any stretch. He needs to start winning matches though and get back into a CL spot.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The only bad result is the first match against Mainz. A 0-1 away loss at top of the league Wolfsburg and a loss to Bayern arent horrible by any stretch. He needs to start winning matches though and get back into a CL spot.

Leipzig considers themselves 2nd place contenders right? Title contenders obviously being a farce in the Bundesliga. I got the impression they were at the level that a loss to anyone other than Bayern was a bad result.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Leipzig considers themselves 2nd place contenders right? Title contenders obviously being a farce in the Bundesliga. I got the impression they were at the level that a loss to anyone other than Bayern was a bad result.

Is there really a difference between 2nd-4th place? Outside of winning the league, I doubt RB cares where they finish, as long as theyre in a CL spot. Wolfsburg finished just 4 points of Leipzig last season, theyre a good team. Im not saying an away loss to them is a good result, but its not bad either.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Is there really a difference between 2nd-4th place? Outside of winning the league, I doubt RB cares where they finish, as long as theyre in a CL spot. Wolfsburg finished just 4 points of Leipzig last season, theyre a good team. Im not saying an away loss to them is a good result, but its not bad either.

I agree he has to get top 4 , but also reading how some of the senior players aren't happy with his extreme pressing style.

Sadly if you lose the faith of top players it's easier to replace a manager than 6/7 players that don't believe in you.

RB is 12th after 4 games let's see where they are after 10 league games.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Supports:Metro
American players only just now started reversing the narrative in Europe. Its gonna take a lot longer for American coaches to secure the confidence of top players and the top brass.

I could see him getting canned soon even though Struber and Thellwell have been given enough rope to hang themselves 5 times over.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Drew at Koln

RBL at 13th after 5 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users