584 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Tried our hardest to get this ownership out of here in 2015. Got consistently undermined and consistent pushback from people who are either no longer fans or just don't care.

Shame even some of the old head(s) wouldn't give us a platform on our most followed outlets. SGs wouldn't do it either.. This is the result. Hope they're happy.

Dan, Vallo, Matt, Goran...shit list is like 8 -9 deep of guys who tried their hardest. Wish I had the time or fire to try again.

#RedBullOut

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Tried our hardest to get this ownership out of here in 2015. Got consistently undermined and consistent pushback from people who are either no longer fans or just don't care.

Shame even some of the old head(s) wouldn't give us a platform on our most followed outlets. This is the result. Hope they're happy.

Dan, Valley, Matt, Goran...shit list if like 8 deep. Wish I had the time or fire to try again.

Petke firing?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
Was never about just Petke. Some saw this shit coming for years.

#RedBullOut

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

It all went dowhill after Petke firing.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
Marsch delayed the inevitable. Speaks well to him as a manager.

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It all went dowhill after Petke firing Armas tanked the record-setting 2018 season and they just kinda gave up from there

That'd be my take

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

March also quit just before nyc game?

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,151 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

He has tried multiple times, as recently as this past February, with different investors.

Is it just that RB doesnt want to sell or is it finding deep enough pockets? And were the investors local?

Does he have support of the other owners in this? And will the continued optics of an empty stadium change anyones mind if they dont support it?

I also wonder if they tried to buy now if the league would let RB in

For newbies : RBs offer came in at a very vulnerable time for the league in general. Garber was 100% against the rename, but they needed the money. I wonder if they do the same from a position of strength)

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Source??

Agreed. I don't hate the find/develop/sell young players model, but you have to have a couple real proven top-grade players that are in the mix. 

The roster doesnt have that. As it is, the lack of total quality on the team makes development of young players impossible. 

maybe it will pass, but i'm not confident in Red Bulls approach right now. 

I will only accept the devils bargain that red bull offers if it means winning or, at a minimum, intriguing play..... I'm not getting that. The current lack of veteran shoulders to carry the team makes the whole thing fall apart. 

Its been awhile, but red bull out.  

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Agreed. I don't hate the find/develop/sell young players model, but you have to have a couple real proven top-grade players that are in the mix. 

The roster doesnt have that. As it is, the lack of total quality on the team makes development of young players impossible. 

maybe it will pass, but i'm not confident in Red Bulls approach right now. 

I will only accept the devils bargain that red bull offers if it means winning or, at a minimum, intriguing play..... I'm not getting that. The current lack of veteran shoulders to carry the team makes the whole thing fall apart. 

Its been awhile, but red bull out.  

Ran out of updoods, here is one for the words of wisdom!  No passaran!

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

That was me. The path is there. Like I said: they need to kick the injury bug and get a fucking signing. If they dont do dick the season is over.

I hate being so pessimistic but even if we make the playoffs, I truly cannot see this team making any sort of run. This isnt a good team.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I hate being so pessimistic but even if we make the playoffs, I truly cannot see this team making any sort of run. This isnt a good team.

The problem nowadays is that the single-leg playoff format makes it almost impossible for a miracle run from a low seeded team. You need to win five straight road games against teams that outperformed you in the regular season. That is just downright unheard of in this league. I honestly wouldn't bet against it never having happened in league history.

It's not even pessimism, it'd be crazy talk to even entertain the idea.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

This is a new take for me.... Lets see. 

Remember it. Paints a whole munch of shit surrounding Marsch (before and after) differently...  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts
I need to fall asleep I’m going to watch a replay

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I dont know whats more depressing - the play of this team, or the lack of relevance/ambition of this team overal. Feels like on field and off field we are in an VERY steep decline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users