584 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Glad I missed this shit show in person. This team is not making the playoffs.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Is it just that RB doesnt want to sell or is it finding deep enough pockets? And were the investors local?

Does he have support of the other owners in this? And will the continued optics of an empty stadium change anyones mind if they dont support it?

I also wonder if they tried to buy now if the league would let RB in

For newbies : RBs offer came in at a very vulnerable time for the league in general. Garber was 100% against the rename, but they needed the money. I wonder if they do the same from a position of strength)

I'd like to see the Devils owners, Harris and Blizter purchase the team. I know some Devils fans aren't thrilled with them but they invest money into the team and they seem to let the people they hire actually do their jobs.

I also don't think they get into the league right now but 2021 MLS is a whole different beast than 2006 MLS. It's insane how much this league has grown and changed since then.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

As much of a shit show as the game was, and it was a total shit show against a lousy team, I can remember games where that Klimala shot doesn't bounce off the cross bar, where a CCJ free kick goes in, where Clark pulls a galazo out of the air, and we are running away with an easy win.   A bit of luck, and we can look like a very good team.    But good teams find a way to win when they are unlucky or play poorly.   I remember when we were one of those teams.   Those teams win Shields.  We are not now one of those teams.  We need everyone to be on their A game, and get a little luck, in order to win, even against shitty teams.   Struber needs to take off the rose colored glasses and see us for what we are, not for what we occasionally can pretend to be.

Its weird i dont think this team is "untalented"  but the issue with having all young players is when things get really bad their confidence takes longer to rebuild because they dont have prior success and experience to fall back on.  Its not a coincidence that during this bad period Davis is the only midfielder bringing it every game.

The team really needs a signing to increase quality but also as a morale boost imo.  Wiki is very very ahead of schedule for me and will be good as soon as next year but some of these growing pains he's experiencing now should be happening in USL not MLS.  And we'll Klimala and Fabio need to finish a bit better now, I think they are good, but we are running them into the ground because we dont have a 3rd forward who is even at a MLS sub level.  Royer back should help so we can rotate some, but long term we need that as well.  ideally someone that makes Fabio the 3rd forward

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
So what does a fan protest in the stands look like? Seems like the way to get a soulless corporation out is to humiliate the brand and generate bad press.

Feel like it could gain "Save The Crew" league wide momentum. This ownership is a bad look for everyone in the league.

RED. BULL. OUT.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

So what does a fan protest in the stands look like? Seems like the way to get a soulless corporation out is to humiliate the brand and generate bad press.

Feel like it could gain "Save The Crew" league wide momentum. This ownership is a bad look for everyone in the league.

Last night's attendance seems like a pretty good optic on the protest front, in and of itself. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

This statement might be an oxymoron. Soulless corporations don't have feelings, tough to humiliate them. By being in the stands, you've already given them your money so they're happy.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This statement might be an oxymoron. Soulless corporations don't have feelings, tough to humiliate them. By being in the stands, you've already given them your money so they're happy.

Yes.

So lets stop giving them money.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Humiliate = damage the brand reputation, make RB's public relations professional liars work extra hard.

RED. BULL. OUT.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Last night's attendance seems like a pretty good optic on the protest front, in and of itself. 

I am not sure what things look like going forward. MLS clearly wants their New York franchises to be marquee clubs. That will never happen with Red Bull and their strategy of being a developer of young talent. Metro area fans will only come out for two reasons: a very strong winner, or big stars. There is just too much competition for entertainment dollars. We are not a dominant team, and we have nobody who is a draw. Caden Clark, young up and comer? No. He isnt Pulisic. Even if we were to return to our Shield winning ways, it wont be enough. The casual fan isnt coming to see Klimala or I Cant Believe its not Butter. MLS has grown a lot since Red Bull invested. Aside from franchise value there is no reason for them to be in a big market like New York to develop 18 year old talent. They would be better off in a smaller market like Cincy or Nashville quietly having marginal success. The arena looks awfully big and empty when you only draw 10k. Maybe I am wrong and COVID has a lot to do with attendance but I dont think so.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Supports:Metro
We are an also ran. This team has managed to get less popular, not more popular over the past 5 years. It is a direct result of apathy, lack of ambition, mismanagement of the club from the ownership.

Red Bull Out and embarrassing them is the answer. It's the only thing they ever responded to. Unfortunately we have a subset of fans who would rather see RBO fail than actually use it as a way to get a better club. Total shame. Because some of their support really could've helped. As could have the support of the SGs, where attendance appears to be dwindling as well.

I chose to vote with my wallet. I hope others do too. I feel for our players because they didn't ask for any of this. But, there is little to no hope with this style of owner.

#RedBullOut

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

We are an also ran. This team has managed to get less popular, not more popular over the past 5 years. It is a direct result of apathy, lack of ambition, mismanagement of the club from the ownership.Red Bull Out and embarrassing them is the answer. It's the only thing they ever responded to. Unfortunately we have a subset of fans who would rather see RBO fail than actually use it as a way to get a better club. Total shame. Because some of their support really could've helped. As could have the support of the SGs, where attendance appears to be dwindling as well.

And this is with virtually every other team becoming MORE popular in that timeframe. It's an "accomplishment" in the same way the Sabres going a full decade without a single playoff appearance is in that's is so unbelievably awful that it's perversely impressive.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Maybe I am wrong and COVID has a lot to do with attendance but I dont think so.

I definitely think I'm in the minority but it's the reason I haven't been going, haven't been back since the 2020 home opener.

8/21 might be my first game back but if they go 0-3 against Chicago, Montreal and Columbus coming up I might just sell it and the 8/28 and 9/11(which I can't go either way) games and make the 9/29 game my first one back.

Winning/losing doesn't affect my attendance, I've been a Devils season ticket holder forever and been there through their awful stretch of missing the playoffs 8 of the past 9 seasons but when you combine Covid with a losing team it makes it harder to justify going for me.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Plus the boos at the end.    No bueno.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Paper bags! Paper bags! Generate optics they cant spin away.

ap_steelers_browns_football_79905008.jpg

RED. BULL. OUT.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,168 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

RB will blithely continue to announce large crowds
while ignoring the evidence before their eyes.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users