339 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,431 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Hope they offer us refunds now or credits to next year since I can't go that day.

Sell it to a NYCFC fan

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Sell it to a NYCFC fan

My rep actually wouldn't give me a credit for this game even though it's a make up date game. Tried to offer me an exchange for extra tickets to another game(something I never need) I said don't bother I'll just sell them. Ended up selling them for more than face value which is fine by me since I wasted toll and gas money and my time going to the the original date that got rained out.

This is definitely gonna be the smallest crowd ever for a regular season game between these two teams.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,431 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Just sold mine, but at a small loss

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,168 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Deadline for buying group tickets to YS on Saturday via ESC is noon today.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,320 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Kind of excited about tomorrow... A i feel may start some nice momentum and maybe the team can turn the corner and make the playoffs...

They played a simple style last game to the T and it was still so effective. They could definitely replicate and I'm hoping that they do!!!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Kind of excited about tomorrow... A i feel may start some nice momentum and maybe the team can turn the corner and make the playoffs...

They played a simple style last game to the T and it was still so effective. They could definitely replicate and I'm hoping that they do!!!

I'm excited that I'll be at Arthur Ashe instead for AEW seeing an event with an actual good turnout in a building with actual covid protocols instead of being in a half empty stadium watching us most likely not be able to score a goal after they filled the quota for the rest of the season on Friday.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
For as much crap as we give the team for goalscoring (albeit deservedly), the 4 goal outburst means through 23 games they have 29 goals... which is exactly what they had to end their 23 game season last year.

Not that we should be holding ourselves to our 2020 standard.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I'll be at the stadium. Looks like it'll rain but as long as there's no lightning we'll be fine.

If we can get another convincing win under our belts, i would consider heading into the Bronx for the away game on Saturday night

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

Struber feeling the heat (maybe) and deciding to bring the strategy to the team instead of the team to the strategy.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

This is basically a play in playoff derby for us.

https://www.mlssocce...ivotal-for-both

NYCFC are yet to separate themselves from the pack in the Eastern Conference, sitting in third place on 38 points, surprisingly only four points above the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs line. Tenth-placed Columbus Crew are only seven points adrift of the Cityzens, who eye Nashville SC three points ahead of them in the East. It’s a jumbled field, both for hosting a Round One playoff match as well as just qualifying.

We’re not thinking about [RBNY] at all,” Deila said. “All we’re thinking about is that we need six points. That’s what we want. There are a lot of teams behind us coming and winning a lot of games, we want to finish as high as possible. Our goal is to be No. 2 to give us the best position for the playoffs.”

The Red Bulls are hanging on at the fringes of the playoff race. If NYCFC were to take all six points, or even four, it would virtually eliminate RBNY from playoff contention and snap their 11-year playoff streak.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

Dragging The BX Blood Money out of the playoffs race might be more satisfying than the one and done we're hoping for.

RED. BULL. OUT.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Mr. Metrofanatic - respectfully,  the homepage "next game" schedule is off - it doesnt show the rain delayed game tomorrow. Didnt realize there was a game tomorrow until I saw below:

I'll be at the stadium. Looks like it'll rain but as long as there's no lightning we'll be fine.

If we can get another convincing win under our belts, i would consider heading into the Bronx for the away game on Saturday night

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,199 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Mr. Metrofanatic - respectfully,  the homepage "next game" schedule is off - it doesnt show the rain delayed game tomorrow. Didnt realize there was a game tomorrow until I saw below:

Oops. Fixed.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,320 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Hopefully they keep playing through the midfield and stick with the same lineup.. I like Duncan coming on in the second half vs tired legs...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,168 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Looks like it'll rain

Forecast seems to be pushing rain to tomorrow.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users