83 replies to this topic

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Supports:New York
The highlight of this game is how hot the 4th official is.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,151 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
*laughing*

1-1 final. DC had the two best chances of the second half, but really a quite soporific game

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers
Fabio is the worst striker at shooting that I think I've ever seen in MLS.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Struber on the post-game called out the RB development first philosophy. Frustrated at having a baby group.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Struber on the post-game called out the RB development first philosophy. Frustrated at having a baby group.

I'd have to hear it again but It think this grossly misrepresents what he said. He was saying that in the end the results are what matter most and that they're not here right now, but it did not at all sound like he was complaining about the philosophy. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I'd have to hear it again but It think this grossly misrepresents what he said. He was saying that in the end the results are what matter most and that they're not here right now, but it did not at all sound like he was complaining about the philosophy. 

Yeah I just listened again. Gingras asked him if young guys like Yearwood and Sowe getting out there and doing things provided a silver lining for the struggles. He basically answered by saying that development is nice but that his biggest job is to win games and make the playoffs and that the team isn't getting results. 

In no way was he calling out the philosophy. At best he called out some players' lack of killer instincts. 

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Yeah I just listened again. Gingras asked him if young guys like Yearwood and Sowe getting out there and doing things provided a silver lining for the struggles. He basically answered by saying that development is nice but that his biggest job is to win games and make the playoffs and that the team isn't getting results. 

In no way was he calling out the philosophy. At best he called out some players' lack of killer instincts. 

I heard frustration, also, take a look at the glare he gives the camera after finishing the interview.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I heard frustration, also, take a look at the glare he gives the camera after finishing the interview.

Yeah he was clearly frustrated that the team is playing like shit, isn't getting results, and will probably miss the playoffs. There was nothing there about criticizing the philosophy itself or how young the team was. Michelle asked a somewhat leading question about development as a silver lining and he rejected it. But he was not accusing the team of having the wrong priorities nor did he say anything about wishing his team was older. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

We still pay Jorgensen's salary.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

that cut back to Fabio was so far off target i laughed.  I'd be surprised at this point if we trigger his buy option.  Can't pay a material transfer fee for him while hes on a $400k salary.  Very likable and does a lot of good things but can't score to save his life

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

that cut back to Fabio was so far off target i laughed.  I'd be surprised at this point if we trigger his buy option.  Can't pay a material transfer fee for him while hes on a $400k salary.  Very likable and does a lot of good things but can't score to save his life

Didn't we already trigger it earlier this year?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The Good:

• Reyes was fantastic, if he can play this well consistently and stay healthy then he and Long are going to make a top notch CB pairing next year
  • Yearwood has had a goal coming for a long time. He still struggles to put together complete 90 minute games, but his upside is so high I can't help but want him to stick around. He's the only midfielder we have who can actually drive the ball forward.
  • Struber is at least trying new shit, for better or worse.

The Bad:

• Struber's new shit ain't working. The new shape did nothing to solve our attacking woes, we're still stuck creating chances entirely through turnovers or route one play. It's tough to say whether its tactics, personnel, or both. We don't have a single decent attacking midfielder on the roster. Struber seems pretty confident in every post game interview that the tactics are fine and the players just lack hunger, but almost two dozen games into the season they still sure do look lost as to where to go with the ball.
  • Our strikers are still awful finishers. Klimala's shooting motion takes ages. NFL analysts love to harp on a QB's release time, well Klimala's is downright geriatric. 

The Ugly:

• Screwed once again by FIFA's asinine ruling that defenders aren't allowed to have arms
  • DC's coach and his cringy wanna-be hipster glasses. He looks like a douchebag dad trying to look cool in front of his kid's friends but doesn't realize he's a few years behind the times.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Didn't we already trigger it earlier this year?

we just extended the loan thats all

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts
This team sucks ass.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Yeah he was clearly frustrated that the team is playing like shit, isn't getting results, and will probably miss the playoffs. There was nothing there about criticizing the philosophy itself or how young the team was. Michelle asked a somewhat leading question about development as a silver lining and he rejected it. But he was not accusing the team of having the wrong priorities nor did he say anything about wishing his team was older. 

He is gone sooner than later. He knows hes going to be the first manager in 12 years to miss the playoffs and Red Bulls strategy isnt producing results that paint him in a positive light. I can see him cutting and running if the right European offer comes in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users