83 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,168 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Nealis handball was one of those plays that VAR is not going to overturn, regardless of what the call was on the pitch.  It could have gone either way and there wasn't enough evidence to change whatever call the ref made.

I thought that the ref only signaled for a corner,
the VAR called him over to review the non-call.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I thought that the ref only signaled for a corner,
the VAR called him over to review the non-call.

Ok, I was basing that on the replay/highlights, I missed that part of the game live.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The point is that we move our body instinctively is some situations and many times our limbs are not perfectly situated, or halfway in motion. All defenders do it, even in the higher leagues

That's not an excuse to get away with any act your body happens to do on the field. Lack of control of your body parts should and does count against you in this situation as well as in reckless tackles, for example.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Did he not literally use the word "baby" or "babies" when talking about it? He was as clear as his language skills and desire for a continued paycheck could allow.

Not even trying to hide it anymore, and the league is full on trolling us for it:

https://www.mlssocce...york-red-bulls/

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Like a youth team against adults.

Because it IS you fucking idiot. You and your friends built it this way.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Like a youth team against adults.

Because it IS you fucking idiot. You and your friends built it this way.

r/selfawarewolves

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

Not even trying to hide it anymore, and the league is full on trolling us for it:

https://www.mlssocce...york-red-bulls/

babies (those red) bulls not Baby Bulls  :-)

where the trolling be at?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
LAFC just got awarded a handball penalty against Austin through VAR that was far more dubious than Nealis's. Defender had his elbow barely sticking out as he turned to block the shot, ball would have struck him anyway even if it didn't hit the elbow.

I've seen enough of these calls go the attacking teams way this season that I'm confident it's an intentional decision by MLS and PRO to award as many penalties as possible. My guess is they want higher scoring games and this is an easy way to help do it.

I also wish they'd skip the dog and pony show of having the ref go to the screen when you know 100% it's gonna be awarded.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,168 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I'm confident it's an intentional decision by MLS and PRO to award as many penalties as possible.

If so, our players need to work on their diving.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users