47 replies to this topic

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

bob is a no brainer.  he is the best coach in MLS. the only reason he is struggling this season is because the team traded away their best defensive players and their best player has been injury prone. he has done an okay job at LAFC and should be untouchable. however, losing does make owners make silly decisions and firing bob Bradley would be one.  at RBNY, bob would have more flexibility in molding his team. he is a coach that does better with little money. 

He struggled in Swansea but never got the opportunity to bring in guys that would fit his system. he was stuck with the players they had on the roster. he was setup to fail. 

What makes you sure that the uberlords would even consider supplying him with players?

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Counter argument, Preki did better with a similar roster than Bob. Maybe Bradley for Thelwells job instead of Strubers

there is no counter argument. team was going to get better because Sasha, bornstein, francisco mendoza and guzan were going to get better. Orlando Perez, Tim Regan and Jason Hernandez, who were former Metros and still young, helped solidify that backline. Then you add vets like Ante Razov, Claudio Suarez and Jesse Marsch to help guide the kids and you have a squad. that is what we are missing on this NYRB team. A vet on the forward line and another one on the defensive line. Davis is like our version of Jesse. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,449 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Has to be a balance with young hungry hopefuls with steady vets who know the deal, then sprinkle in guys who are very good to exceptional.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Well first its hard to believe that Papa Red Bull will allow anyone to fire his pet project coach, but in the event that he does get fired theyll just hire another pressing guy.

Maybe the new one will have a better chance of translating the thoughts in his head onto the field.

Theyve conceded so few goals considering their position in the table, but if they dont add some serious attacking talent and figure out the midfield tactics its going to be a struggle.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

Henry is available (as is Armas......)

;)  :D

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Let's add Ben Olsen to the list while we're at it lol

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,168 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Theyve conceded so few goals considering their position in the table

Perhaps because opponents know that it does not take many goals to beat us.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Perhaps because opponents know that it does not take many goals to beat us.

Thats one way to look at it. Being as optimistic as I possibly can be about this team the defense and potentially GK arent huge question marks heading into the winter. Outside of RB? theyve signed and have guys under contract going into 2022

In theory it allows them to shift focus to fixing the midfield and figuring out the attack. Of course if the transfer strategy remains rigid, I dont expect things to get better.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Henry as a player/coach!

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

at RBNY, bob would have more flexibility in molding his team. he is a coach that does better with little money. 

He struggled in Swansea but never got the opportunity to bring in guys that would fit his system. he was stuck with the players they had on the roster. he was setup to fail. 

Does he do better with little money?  How much smaller was his budget at Stabaeck & Le Havre compared to other teams in their respective leagues?  His best MLS season, outside of his first, was with a top 3 payroll.

If he struggled at Swansea because he didn't have guys that fit his system, how would that be any better here?

Again, I'm not saying Bradley would be a bad hire.  It's just not a 100%, no brainer hire.  His career has been up & down.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Somebody that will light a fire under their asses if we dont have a budget to sign quality players. Mike Petke seems perfect for the job. I know it would never happen though.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Somebody that will light a fire under their asses if we dont have a budget to sign quality players. Mike Petke seems perfect for the job. I know it would never happen though.

Watch the post game after the NE home playoff loss. Dax wasnt going to run through walls for Peter. They came out flat a couple times that season, a late season home loss to Columbus comes to mind. Petke is fiery for sure, I just think guys like home and Armas (and looking like Struber too), have a difficult time motivating players when their tactics are lacking.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
Carnell did well last year and kind of reminds me of a Schmetzer a little - maybe not the most exciting, but effective nonetheless. Seems to care about winning games more than his system. No ego, had players respect. Struber on the other hand couldnt help himself and switched back to two forwards because no what how much better we play with one, he believes in two up top.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Carnell did well last year and kind of reminds me of a Schmetzer a little - maybe not the most exciting, but effective nonetheless. Seems to care about winning games more than his system. No ego, had players respect. Struber on the other hand couldnt help himself and switched back to two forwards because no what how much better we play with one, he believes in two up top.

Last game? Looked to me like Fabio was playing the attacking midfield role, which tbh was an even worse idea than just going back to two strikers. Fabio was awful there.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Does he do better with little money?  How much smaller was his budget at Stabaeck & Le Havre compared to other teams in their respective leagues?  His best MLS season, outside of his first, was with a top 3 payroll.

If he struggled at Swansea because he didn't have guys that fit his system, how would that be any better here?

Again, I'm not saying Bradley would be a bad hire.  It's just not a 100%, no brainer hire.  His career has been up & down.

His budget was tiny when he was with chivas USA and metrostars.

Stabaeck and le havre are not big big clubs in their league.

At Swansea, I dont think he had a transfer window to get anyone. At rbny he would atleast have 2 transfer windows to figure something out. He was set up to fail at Swansea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users