S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

I suggest we tell the ticket people not to let people through with flags

You're too young and brown to be a cranky old white guy.

#32 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

You're too young and brown to be a cranky old white guy.

He meant letting people OUT with flags.

I spoke with a couple of the security guys personally. They agreed to help. One of them did stop 1 or 2 people with flags.

It's understandable if people don't know any better and just kinda wander off with them not know what to do. It's not okay when someone is told that they can't take a flag home and they try to argue that it's theirs.

Look, people on these boards aren't the problem, I saw a few of you actually help try to get them back. I appreciate that. I'll be doing my spiel every game and I'll see what we can do about having people at the top of the stairs, but I do need your help.

Finally, for our resident cranky old white guys who don't like to stand in mud or hold flags -- We're literally holding the flags up for 2 mins.

We hold up all 47 flags (which represent the 47 non-racist United States) as the team comes out. Flags go down, set them on the BENCHES not on the floor. Beers come up. That's it. Literally. It looks bitchin' as hell, and it takes less effort than it does for you to sneak into the front 3 rows of 138 5 mins into the game.

You can wave a flag around if you've still got it during a goal, but we are the cranky white supporters group so waving them around during play is usually not cool.

#33 Section 18 Hooligan

Section 18 Hooligan

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

i suggest having 3 people on top of 138/137 at the end of every game.

Good idea, you volunteering?

Not a bad idea, but not their job. We need to handle this ourselves.

#34 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

He meant letting people OUT with flags.

I spoke with a couple of the security guys personally. They agreed to help. One of them did stop 1 or 2 people with flags.

It's understandable if people don't know any better and just kinda wander off with them not know what to do. It's not okay when someone is told that they can't take a flag home and they try to argue that it's theirs.

Look, people on these boards aren't the problem, I saw a few of you actually help try to get them back. I appreciate that. I'll be doing my spiel every game and I'll see what we can do about having people at the top of the stairs, but I do need your help.

Finally, for our resident cranky old white guys who don't like to stand in mud or hold flags -- We're literally holding the flags up for 2 mins.

We hold up all 47 flags (which represent the 47 non-racist United States) as the team comes out. Flags go down, set them on the BENCHES not on the floor. Beers come up. That's it. Literally. It looks bitchin' as hell, and it takes less effort than it does for you to sneak into the front 3 rows of 138 5 mins into the game.

You can wave a flag around if you've still got it during a goal, but we are the cranky white supporters group so waving them around during play is usually not cool.

this is where i'm grateful you have the energy to herd cats man. much appreciated.

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#35 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

So, the protocol for flag waving is:

1.) When the teams come out

2.) If a goal is scored (optional)

It might be a good idea to relay this to any individual who agrees to take and wave a flag...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#36 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

Did we lose any flags Sunday? It seemed like we did a good job of tracking them down.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#37 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Did we lose any flags Sunday? It seemed like we did a good job of tracking them down.

We counted 47 before leaving. 3 lost.

#38 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

So, the protocol for flag waving is:

1.) When the teams come out
2.) If a goal is scored (optional)

It might be a good idea to relay this to any individual who agrees to take and wave a flag...

Yes, but...

Lastly, try not to bitch too much about flags. They look great, especially with the numbers we will have. If you don't want a flag waived in front of you, move toward the top or bottom of a section. If that's too much to ask, I don't know what to tell you other than I don't want to hear it.

#39 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

I admire your determination to make 47 flags work out somehow with a group that seems to hate them just a bit more than Osama bin Laden.

#40 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yes, but...

Since you failed to see the "suggestion" part of that post.... meh.

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users