43 replies to this topic

ukraine76

ukraine76

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
The word on the street is that the schedule is coming out tomorrow.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I feel like we've been slammed with some tough starts lately, how about a few softies at home for the first few weeks?

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

#MLSScheduleIsLateBecause

was just released from prison in Cuba. 

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

I just hope we play NYCFC early on in the season.....

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

Twitter rumor today is that NYCFC will play in Orlando on Sunday 3/8 in both teams' inaugural league match. The other rumor is that City will play the following sunday, 3/15 at Yankee Stadium.

Maybe against us?

I feel like they'd get a better national audience if they were playing Seattle or LA.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

maybe MLS wants to avoid as many games possible in the north east for the first week or two.  A snow storm or a late nor easter would totally fuck up attendance.  they've done it before. 

I can see all east coast teams going out west...that NYCFC -Orlando match makes sense.  Maybe Lampard can catch the highlights of the game on youtube

5 year plan

ukraine76

ukraine76

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I would guess that we open on the 21st or 22nd

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Apparently we may only hear about home openers and the full schedule will come out later.

No need to schedule the NYCFC game so early. Home openers and season openers are already big selling points no need to kill off two birds with one stone.

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

As a Metro fan living in Florida it will only make it that much easier to root for Orlando when NYCFC comes into town. Word on the street here is that they want to fill the citrus bowl to 65k. Not sure it will happen but I do expect a big Seattle type crowd in maybe the upper 30k range for that Home opener.

As long as im breathing....

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The word on the street is that the schedule is coming out tomorrow.

What street are you strolling on where this is an actual topic of conversation?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

I just hope we play NYCFC early on in the season..

I would rather have a build up to playing NYCFC wouldn't mind having it in late april/ early may

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

I would rather have a build up to playing NYCFC wouldn't mind having it in late april/ early may

It just seems that we can't fill the place in the early season/cool weather/college semester.  I'd hate to have them here with 10,000 of our people in the seats and 5,000 blue shirts.   I wish we had an explicit rule, like they do in the Prem, that no visitor colors can be worn in seats other than the visitor section.  These games won't be like the usual with the visitors mostly up in the visiting supporters section - there will be a ton of them and they will be interloping wherever they can get a ticket.  Yankee-fan-types will want to sit in the most expensive seats in the house, regardless of home/visitor designation, and Stub Hub will enable that.  

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

It just seems that we can't fill the place in the early season/cool weather/college semester.  I'd hate to have them here with 10,000 of our people in the seats and 5,000 blue shirts.   I wish we had an explicit rule, like they do in the Prem, that no visitor colors can be worn in seats other than the visitor section.  These games won't be like the usual with the visitors mostly up in the visiting supporters section - there will be a ton of them and they will be interloping wherever they can get a ticket.  Yankee-fan-types will want to sit in the most expensive seats in the house, regardless of home/visitor designation, and Stub Hub will enable that.  

Why would we need a rule like that? England has had issues with hooligans and troublemakers, thus the rule was necessary. Thankfully, we don't have to deal with that garbage here. I'm perfectly fine with sitting next to an opposition fan (and giving them verbal abuse). 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Why would we need a rule like that? England has had issues with hooligans and troublemakers, thus the rule was necessary. Thankfully, we don't have to deal with that garbage here. I'm perfectly fine with sitting next to an opposition fan (and giving them verbal abuse). 

I've seen stuff get pretty tense in my section, with minimal provocation.    One or two loudmouths from another team can cause enough trouble - having several dozen in a section can get very ugly very fast.   Wearing the colors only lets them feed off each other and emboldens them in their douchiness.    Hopefully, STH's are going to show up for a big game and not put the tix on SH, but realistically we know that's not always going to be the case.  I hate wasting my energy telling a-holes "shut up and sit down, your team is losing."  

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

I've seen stuff get pretty tense in my section, with minimal provocation.    One or two loudmouths from another team can cause enough trouble - having several dozen in a section can get very ugly very fast.   Wearing the colors only lets them feed off each other and emboldens them in their douchiness.  

especially since a lot of them are already talking about reenacting Green Street. A lot of these people have never supported a team in person and think it's actually like that.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users