74 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Harper is domestic and younger, this team is already struggling for intl spots. Center back should be the priority

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I know its what we do, but we did not see enough of him to jump to any strong conclusions.    

We didn't get the biggest sample size but everything about his skill set screamed pure winger. Fast on the dribble, aggressive, and a decent crosser. 

Keep in mind he'd likely need to be a TAM player as well. You preferably don't want to take too many risks on those although not sure we're really using all of ours now anyway.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,711 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Harper is domestic and younger, this team is already struggling for intl spots. Center back should be the priority

We were so cautious, bringing most of these new guys on short term loans, while we take Harper on a three year deal.    You'd figure after getting subbed off against  NE, he would have torn it up in the Hartford game.... but no.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

richbatt

richbatt

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Sims is still unsigned. I bet he can be had for a reasonable price. 

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Sims is still unsigned. I bet he can be had for a reasonable price. 

Would do that in a heartbeat. Showed more attacking prowess than 90% of our team

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would do that in a heartbeat. Showed more attacking prowess than 90% of our team

He even scored a goal for us. Which we were told was impossible.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts
Sign him !
Wish we played with wingers

He should be ready for our last game - win get into playoffs lose and miss playoffs
Struber decides to sit the best atracker in Sims who when subbed on sadly gets injured again during the game

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Wild he is without a team.  He is no world beater but he certainly good enough to play in League 1 or 2.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

It's all COVID related, just like why he was returned. With the Delta variant spreading looks like he doesn't want to be around 10 other dudes. Probably is locked down in his apartment getting Whole Food deliveries. He is very close to his family though, only a phone call away. It's a global pandemic after all, you understand.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Wild he is without a team.  He is no world beater but he certainly good enough to play in League 1 or 2.

Yeah, I was surprised Rzatkowski hasnt had a team since he left here. Sims not having a team is down right shocking. Unless he just doesnt want to play?

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeah, I was surprised Rzatkowski hasnt had a team since he left here. Sims not having a team is down right shocking. Unless he just doesnt want to play?

I really hope Thelwell approaches SIms with offer to come back next season if Sims is interested? Guy was solid during his time here and would be big help to fledgling roster.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
Where does he play, #10 spot?

RED. BULL. OUT.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,444 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Where does he play, #10 spot?

Pure winger with tons of speed with the ball down the sideline. That doesn't really exist for Struber's preferred formations so not sure where he'd line up for us now, probably as one of the strikers

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
His finishing supposedly needed work when we signed him last time but worth a shot.

RED. BULL. OUT.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Pure winger with tons of speed with the ball down the sideline. That doesn't really exist for Struber's preferred formations so not sure where he'd line up for us now, probably as one of the strikers

This is starting to bug me with Struber ... tactically rigidity is ok if the team wins or is playing well, but they aren't. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users