199 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,782 posts
  • Supports:Metro

True, the talking points dont change. When is media day?

Thursday.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,452 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I can ask him at media day, but what's the point? The answer is obvious already:

We shored up goalkeeping and right back. We brought back Sims. Valot coming back is like a new player. We feel our USL guys are ready to step up and contribute. And... drumroll...

We need to find "right player" at the "right time".

Rinse, repeat.

Is it inappropriate to point out the specific players he said we would need (especially a #9) and to ask why the other RB teams seem to have no difficulty finding players that fit the same system?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,782 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is it inappropriate to point out the specific players he said we would need (especially a #9) and to ask why the other RB teams seem to have no difficulty finding players that fit the same system?   

"We fell that the combination of Brian White, Tom Barlow, and Mathias Jorgensen is ready to step up and move to the next level. We spent a lot of money on Jorgensen last year and feel that his year with RB2 not only taught him our system, but prepared him for a bigger role."

There really is no point.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I wonder if Thelwell will be there. I'd guess not, if he hasn't officially started work yet.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

"We fell that the combination of Brian White, Tom Barlow, and Mathias Jorgensen is ready to step up and move to the next level. We spent a lot of money on Jorgensen last year and feel that his year with RB2 not only taught him our system, but prepared him for a bigger role."

There really is no point.

Your hypothetical talking points give Hamlett too much credit! But I agree, it's really easy to explain the situation away with management speak even if everybody knows "relying on internal growth" won't take us all the way. The issue isn't media not asking questions, it's RB not spending and not caring about performance and attendance deteriorating.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users