Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gambling, Personal Finance, Relaxing
  • Supports:Strippers & Red Bulls

you're kidding, right? He's provided better analysis of the game and this team on these boards than you could ever hope to achieve.

I googled "drunk red bulls supporters" and this pic came up. I don't know who he is or what he posts. It's just funny that this pic came up.

The topic of the thread is the Columbine chants. No sober person would chant that to the 3 Colorado fans on the other side.
R.I.P. - Metromedia aka Metro

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA
Personally, I think the "Everywhere we go" chant should have been pluto-ed years ago. So when it comes up, I don't lend my voice to it.

So if you don't like a song, don't sing it.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

I don't know who he is or what he posts.

which is why you should do what you do best; sit down and shut up

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I tend to draw the line at segregation...... :ph34r:

huh?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I googled "drunk red bulls supporters" and this pic came up. I don't know who he is or what he posts. It's just funny that this pic came up.

The topic of the thread is the Columbine chants. No sober person would chant that to the 3 Colorado fans on the other side.

I was sober, just like I am every game and I chanted it.

chung'sblast

chung'sblast

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

That picture was taken at Giants Stadium after a game early in the season. And for the record, both of those guys are dedicated members of ESC and have been in the club for multiple seasons. Because someone was drinking out of a giant glass (albeit post game), you are saying they won't remember a match the next day? Whatever dude. You're the fun police... enjoy it.

Shit. That is definitely Giants Stadium. Don't know how I fucked that up so badly.

But, for the record, I'm almost certain both of the people in the picture were out in LA for the Cup final.
35th minute- Red Bulls fans back on the East Coast should know that the 50 Red Bulls fans are making more noise than the rest of the stadium right now.

"I can't believe you guys sing the whole game," -- DC security guard, who apparently isn't used to that from supporters...

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gambling, Personal Finance, Relaxing
  • Supports:Strippers & Red Bulls

Don't know how I fucked that up so badly.

Booze can do that to ya.
R.I.P. - Metromedia aka Metro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Columbine Bang, Bang, Bang had no place in this game. It was embarrassing

Agreed. Some people expressed opposition to it, both at the time & later. Many did not.

This board would have pitch forks and torches in their hands by now if Colorado supporters sang "World Trade Center, boom boom boom..."

Or "9/11", etc. People still complain about Mexicans chanting that at the Azteca.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

I kinda agree that being offensive is very entertaining and an effective distraction...

but 2 questions:

1) Is there is a line? if so, where is it?

2) Do you think we should have a 'family' section? I fucking hate it when I get to my seats and see a little kid sitting next to me...

1: off the top of my head, anything goes as far as "tragedies." only things i wouldn't tolerate and would in fact flip out over, are racist songs, singling out people with handicaps, and homophobic chants. but that's to a degree even. so like "somebody stole my sombrero" is ok. chanting "where's your green card" or worse, not ok. making fun of a player for being hurt, ok. calling a player or someone in the stands retarded, not ok. saying a keeper likes little boys, ok. straight up yelling faggot, not ok. so you get the idea...

2: no, but WE are "segregated" from the rest of the stadium so the reverse is true. and people are warned before buying tix there. if they go to the game and have an issue with us, i'm pretty sure if they go to fan services, they can possibly be relocated.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

kidtelex

kidtelex

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I love dead baby jokes and am generally a very cynical person, but I'll have to +1 on chanting about Columbine being a little too far.

I mean, not to rile up the masses even more, but that's almost like RBNY playing RB Salzburg or Hamburg or Bayern or even a club from Israel and chanting about the Holocaust.

It's a very sensative and sore subject, and while I'm all for sticking it to the opposition and their fans (no homo), There's just a line that shouldn't be crossed. Some things go beyond the realm of sports. what if DC came into our house or any foreign team came for a USA friendly and chanted 9/11 bang bang bang.

but hey, cheer as you wish. the popular chants that everyone can agree on will be the ones best heard and carried i suppose. if Columbine is still a popular one next time Colorado is in town and I'm in the section I guess I'll just duck my head or something.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

Personally, I think the "Everywhere we go" chant should have been pluto-ed years ago. So when it comes up, I don't lend my voice to it.

So if you don't like a song, don't sing it.

Best NY Post Headline: Pluto Gets The Boot-o. Dunno it just make me chuckle.

Anyways I also hate this song. I fact last weekend the local girlscouts were singing it while on the annual town parade.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

huh?

You are suggesting segregating people into seperate areas based on your preconceived notion of who they are and what they represent. That is the basis of profiling and discrimination.

Extending your argument, "families" should have their own entrances and areas to sit in so that they will not polute the purity and quality of "our" section. Recognize the language yet? Take out "kids" from your post and insert women, blacks, jews, old people, catholics, those from Kansas, etc. and tell me how it sounds?

I don't support discrimination and segregation, hence I "drew the line" in the sand.

My guess is you don't either, but that is how you came off.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

For what? the 3 Colorado fans on the other side.

No, for the 11 Colorado Rapids players on the pitch. It's not about intimidating fans, it's about intimidating players. Grasp the concept.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

I love dead baby jokes and am generally a very cynical person, but I'll have to +1 on chanting about Columbine being a little too far.

I mean, not to rile up the masses even more, but that's almost like RBNY playing RB Salzburg or Hamburg or Bayern or even a club from Israel and chanting about the Holocaust.

For Austrian German clubs you wouldnt chant about the Holocaust youll make fun of them for the beating they took from General George S Patton! And you wouldnt make fun of Iraeli teams for the Holocaust. Youll make fun of them for getting bombed by Palestinians. SOmething like "The Bombs on the bus go bang bang bang... All the way to Haifa"!

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:" I love me some me" - Terrell Owens
  • Supports:RedBull New York
Yes, the chant was dick-punchingly classless.
Don't like it...don't sing it.
World keeps on spinnin'.

"A lesson should be taught on how to be a courteous host."

Top 10 funniest things I've ever read here, no lie.
T-shirt worthy.
Hall of Anti-Fame thread creation worthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users