• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts
Donovan summed it up
2026 keep most of team who hopefully grow
Needs
2. Figure out how crate chances
3. Depth that can step in almost at level of starters

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Donovan summed it up
2026 keep most of team who hopefully grow
Needs
2. Figure out how crate chances
3. Depth that can step in almost at level of starters

Also applies to 2023 NYRB

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Who was the us player not running hard to track depay?

https://www.dailymai...rld-cup_desktop

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

my trust in Soccer House is pretty low

Who would trust that bunch?
With US hosting in 3.5 years, I would like a new coach in place by the start of 2024. If Leeds are relegated, Marsch should be available next summer.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Will this mean a new coach?

I hope so. I feel like berhalter mishandled reyna. He should have been our forward and took the US team as far as he could.

I would like us to go after an international manager who can take us to a higher level.

David moyes?
Klopp?
Rangnick?
Rafael Benitez?
Pochettino?
Roberto Martinez?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Overall I'm happy with how the team did and enjoyed watching them. I'd like to think we improved our world standing by bringing such solid game plans and trying to go toe to toe with every team. For all other world cups in my lifetime we have played the role of scrappy, athletic underdog. This is the first time it felt like watching a nation that is developing soccer players, not just athletes. I hope that at least some of the casual fans watching can appreciate that.

The silver lining is that the group is still so young. And obviously world class #9's grow on trees so we can expect a few of those for the 2026 cycle.

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls/MetroStars

Worst US squad I've seen in 30yrs.   The two most talented players they had were riding pine.   McKennie/Musah/Weah/Ferreira/Haji/Zimmerman/Acosta/Moore have no business playing in a world cup

Berhalter should be fired as soon as his foot touches US soil .  

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not a fan, but to whom? Jesse?

I understand my biases as a club over country person, but would Jesse even want the USMNT job? Go from coaching in the premier league and being able to take a top flight job in any top 5 league to coaching 5-7 times a year?

I don't know, I feel like Jesse is way beyond the USMNT for the foreseeable future.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

eagercolin

eagercolin

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Worst US squad I've seen in 30yrs.   The two most talented players they had were riding pine.   McKennie/Musah/Weah/Ferreira/Haji/Zimmerman/Acosta/Moore have no business playing in a world cup

Berhalter should be fired as soon as his foot touches US soil .  

People say dumb shit.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I understand my biases as a club over country person, but would Jesse even want the USMNT job? Go from coaching in the premier league and being able to take a top flight job in any top 5 league to coaching 5-7 times a year?

I don't know, I feel like Jesse is way beyond the USMNT for the foreseeable future.

Depends on how the season goes for Leeds. He's the third most likely manager to get fired next at the moment. If that happens, there may not be that many top 5 league suitors at his doorstep.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Why not Marcelo Gallardo? He had a solid run, as manager, with River Plate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users