1232 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Every team in the league is hustling and making multiple moves. Meanwhile, Hamlet is sitting around with question marks circling around his head.

When will he finally call Ralf and say he needs help? Thats the only way we can do anything. Thats how we got Sims last year.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,790 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If we dont lose anyone else then at a minimum we need a starting quality outside back, an experienced and talented CDM, and a multimillion dollar game changing midfielder.

If we do not have those 3 pieces AT MINIMUM by the time the season starts then were sunk.

But do you think the only want-away player that got to leave was Murillo? If Long and Taxi don't leave, how's this look for an 18? It won't win the shield or go deep in the MLS Playoffs unless 2 outta the 3 starting positions are TAM or better. Agree in that a CDM is needed. I don't think White should be the starter. I like Duncan, but if they can find an experienced outside back, I'm for it. 

XX

Royer Kaku Sims

XX Casseres

Taxi Long Parker XX

Meara

XX Tarek Duncan Rza Valot Muyl White

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If we dont lose anyone else then at a minimum we need a starting quality outside back, an experienced and talented CDM, and a multimillion dollar game changing midfielder.

If we do not have those 3 pieces AT MINIMUM by the time the season starts then were sunk.

If we lose no other player. The biggest need is RB.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

10 roster spots, 7 senior roster spots, 2 DP slots, and 4 INTL spots unoccupied (would be nice if Royer got a GC)

17 days until training opens

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

10 roster spots, 7 senior roster spots, 2 DP slots, and 4 INTL spots unoccupied (would be nice if Royer got a GC)

17 days until training opens

How many days to CBA settlement?  They've dumped their big salaries and I'm guessing nothing is going to happen unless there's a CBA agreement.  They don't want to get saddled with big salaries if there is no play.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

How many days to CBA settlement?  They've dumped their big salaries and I'm guessing nothing is going to happen unless there's a CBA agreement.  They don't want to get saddled with big salaries if there is no play.

Don't salaries just stop being paid out if there's no CBA?

And sure, waiting to see what the exact CBA is before making big moves makes sense, though I don't think that's what stopping us from making ANY signings.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Supports:Metro

But do you think the only want-away player that got to leave was Murillo? If Long and Taxi don't leave, how's this look for an 18? It won't win the shield or go deep in the MLS Playoffs unless 2 outta the 3 starting positions are TAM or better. Agree in that a CDM is needed. I don't think White should be the starter. I like Duncan, but if they can find an experienced outside back, I'm for it. 

XX
Royer Kaku Sims
XX Casseres
Taxi Long Parker XX
Meara

XX Tarek Duncan Rza Valot Muyl White

At a MINIMUM we need the three players I mentioned to even have a shot in hell at hardware.

White proved that if you can set him up he will put them away. So if were talking bare minimum then he stays pencilled in as a starter. Benefit of the doubt till he stops producing.

Kaku is a moveable piece. He can play CAM or out wide. So they have positional flexibility to get any multimillion dollar DP attacking mode they want.

With Kaku, Royer and a true DP in attack CCJ, Davis and a new CDM can fight each other for minutes and hold the fort.

And then of course right back. Need a starter there.

3 players at bare minimum if no one else leaves.

CDM
Right back
Attacking mid

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The draft is on January 9th.

What's the odds that that's when we see our first signing?  70 percent?  80?

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

The draft is on January 9th.

What's the odds that that's when we see our first signing?  70 percent?  80?

100 %

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

And sure, waiting to see what the exact CBA is before making big moves makes sense, though I don't think that's what stopping us from making ANY signings.

Theoretically, TAM and DP and other present "incentives and disincentives" including salary caps could no longer be valid.  Makes sense to wait.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Theoretically, TAM and DP and other present "incentives and disincentives" including salary caps could no longer be valid.  Makes sense to wait.

It's a nice excuse, hopefully not just an excuse. Not stopping many other teams.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Curious if he has RBG support or just lukewarm and cooling? 
RBG for all their Austrian overlord-ness are not new to this game and neither is Ralf.  

All SDs have had support. Hamlet is just unqualified and inept.

Its not more complicated than that.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts

Yeah players don't get paid if there is a strike/lockout.

It expires on January 31st so we'll see soon enough.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts
Doyle still has same thoughts

If RBNY have what seems to be their current budget: Trade up to the No. 1 spot in the allocation order and grab Fabian Castillo
If RBNY have something approaching NYCFC's budget: Go out and grab Edison Flores.
If RBNY have a significant budget increase: Go out and get Copa Libertadores MVP Bruno henrique

Ok yeah, they're probably going to have to find someone else in attack. Maybe it could be as simple as grabbing Jean-Kevin Augustin on loan from the mother ship in Leipzig for the year. The young Frenchman needs a career reboot, which he's currently not getting on loan at Monaco.

Jan. 1 update: No changes on any of the above since November.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,451 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Doyle still has same thoughts

If RBNY have what seems to be their current budget: Trade up to the No. 1 spot in the allocation order and grab Fabian Castillo
If RBNY have something approaching NYCFC's budget: Go out and grab Edison Flores.
If RBNY have a significant budget increase: Go out and get Copa Libertadores MVP Bruno henrique

Ok yeah, they're probably going to have to find someone else in attack. Maybe it could be as simple as grabbing Jean-Kevin Augustin on loan from the mother ship in Leipzig for the year. The young Frenchman needs a career reboot, which he's currently not getting on loan at Monaco.

Jan. 1 update: No changes on any of the above since November.

What does the Allocation Order have to do with a Colombian national?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users