• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

I'd say that Royer was at a similar level before he came here. But yeah, I'd much prefer the finished product.

if he could be Royer / Philly Union player Kacper Przybylko who was B2/B3 that would be good.

Still want more

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

if he could be Royer / Philly Union player Kacper Przybylko who was B2/B3 that would be good.

Still want more

Never forget Andreas Ivan had B3 experience

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Never forget Andreas Ivan had B3 experience

16 matches in which he neither scored nor assisted.

Kyereh played 34, scored 15 and had 5 assists. 6 goals and 7 assists in his first season in the 2.Bundesliga on a team that was relegated.

Not sure thats a fair comparison

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Finally.  This guy appears to have speed, strength, and a shot, with some dribbling skills.

A sense of some real talent.  Not a project.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

If he's a striker, he's got to be better than what we have now and he goes right into the starting lineup.  If he's a midfielder, things get crowded.  Does he send one of Valot/Royer/Kaku (likely Valot) to the bench?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Supports:Metro
In terms of realistic signings, this seems like a decent one. Wish we would do better, but he'd probably improve the team which is better than nothing.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

If he's a striker, he's got to be better than what we have now and he goes right into the starting lineup.  If he's a midfielder, things get crowded.  Does he send one of Valot/Royer/Kaku (likely Valot) to the bench?

Why not Davis?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Why not Davis?

because this guy seems like an attacking mid (i.e. winger) or forward.  davis is neither of those, so he wouldnt be the one getting bumped in the lineup

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Played predominantly CF/ST in 3.Liga, more as a winger this past season.

Depends on formation, I guess. Could slot in as a striker in a 4-2-2-2, or as a LW or ST in a 4-2-3-1. Probably would become the best option up top, until and hopefully, a more marquee striker is signed.

If hes signed, is any good, and the team moves on from or lessens Royers role in the near future, he could occupy the LW or second starting striker role that Royer currently occupies in either the 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2.

Conceivably he could also play in either Kaku or Valots roles as well in either formation.

tl;dr he can play anywhere in the front four

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Ideally, if we're fortunate and he works out, I'd like to see primarily the 4-2-3-1. This dude as the lone striker, slot Royer back to the left wing. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
Just sign him
Worry about the rest later.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Don't get the excitement about this.

He scored every 4 games in the 2.Bundesliga and had a scoring rate in the 3.Liga almost identical to Terrence Boyd.

He'll be a squad player, nothing more. This signing is just a continuation of the same transfer policy - bring in a ton of mediocre dudes on the cheap and hope you accidentally strike it rich on one.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Don't get the excitement about this.

He scored every 4 games in the 2.Bundesliga and had a scoring rate in the 3.Liga almost identical to Terrence Boyd.

He'll be a squad player, nothing more. This signing is just a continuation of the same transfer policy - bring in a ton of mediocre dudes on the cheap and hope you accidentally strike it rich on one.

I tend to agree and I think the excitement/optimism about this is indicative of just how poor our situation at ST is right now. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

because this guy seems like an attacking mid (i.e. winger) or forward.  davis is neither of those, so he wouldnt be the one getting bumped in the lineup

Exactly.  Now, if we're talking Yearwood, who seems like more of a defensive midfielder, he competes for time with Davis and/or Cacceres and maybe sends one of them to the bench.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I tend to agree and I think the excitement/optimism about this is indicative of just how poor our situation at ST is right now. 

For sure, but fixing that problem requires spending real money.

It's the same issue that Newcastle has had at right back. They've wanted to replace Yedlin for years, but will only spend £6-8 million on a replacement. So now, they have 3 right backs who are all mediocre in different ways.

Same as here. This guy will probably be fine, but then so is White, so is Royer (as a striker), and Barlow and Jorgensen are something a little less than fine. This signing doesn't really do anything except add a new name to the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users