USreject1186

USreject1186

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Supports:The Metro,US Natl,Ger,Hungary

or, in short... save the hassle, buy sony :P

Damn right that's what I did. 360's are made so poorly and everyone I know that has one has had something wrong with theirs at one point or another.
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." -Monty(Waiting)

As a wise man once said (theredmenace) "Drunk mouths speak sober minds. And apparently, drunk hands grope slightly less drunk asses."

Mike Petke on Julian de Guzman's tackle on Angel: "I just thought it was a combination of them being frustrated and an average player putting a horrible tackle on a good player. Uncalled for."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Late night shows suck. Simple as that.

If they were that good, they would be on during primetime.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

That makes no sense, they are completely different formats. That like saying if Good Morning American was any good it would be in primetime.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

1. That doesnt make any sense. 2. Although some are worse than others, not all late night are created equal. Conan's show was fucking hilarious and I am hoping it will be just as good when it comes back. Leno and Letterman are alright, but not really my style. Ferguson is pretty good. Fallon is God awful, as is Carson Daily. Like any other genre there is good and bad stuff, but the only late night really worth watching was Conan.

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

or, in short... save the hassle, buy sony :P

Damn right that's what I did. 360's are made so poorly and everyone I know that has one has had something wrong with theirs at one point or another.

ever since they announced PS3 back in like '02-03 i was going to get one, but i wanted a next gen console already and didn't wanna wait any longer. plus i knew more people with 360, and what's the point of playing online when you can't own your friends? and after actively researching, 360 had a better library and better exclusives (gears of war and halo, which them and their sequels are 2 of my favorite franchises). but really the final point in xbox's column was when they announced GTA4 would be released simultaneously on PS3 and 360.

but PS3s aren't completely safe from hardware failures. i think i recall reading back a few months ago walter's crapping out on him?
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

That makes no sense, they are completely different formats. That like saying if Good Morning American was any good it would be in primetime.

Ok, now you are comparing apples and oranges.

If Letterman got a 10.0 rating, they would consider moving his show to primetime to effectively generate more ad revenue.

It's money. It's as simple as that.

NBC is bringing Jay Leno back and his show is being moved into the 10 - 11 PM hour. Why? Cause they believe it can stand toe to toe with other networks programming in that time slot.

My comment from before had all to do with advertising and dollars.

As for the content, I am just not a fan. It bores me. I don't care enough about a couple jokes and two interviews with celebrities.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Ok, now you are comparing apples and oranges.

If Letterman got a 10.0 rating, they would consider moving his show to primetime to effectively generate more ad revenue.

It's money. It's as simple as that.

NBC is bringing Jay Leno back and his show is being moved into the 10 - 11 PM hour. Why? Cause they believe it can stand toe to toe with other networks programming in that time slot.

My comment from before had all to do with advertising and dollars.

As for the content, I am just not a fan. It bores me. I don't care enough about a couple jokes and two interviews with celebrities.

Their ratings would never get that high............cuz it's late night. The shows are made for late night, it's an entirely different genre from the primetime shows, it is in fact apples and oranges.

wgoood2

wgoood2

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • Supports:METROSTARS!!

ever since they announced PS3 back in like '02-03 i was going to get one, but i wanted a next gen console already and didn't wanna wait any longer. plus i knew more people with 360, and what's the point of playing online when you can't own your friends? and after actively researching, 360 had a better library and better exclusives (gears of war and halo, which them and their sequels are 2 of my favorite franchises). but really the final point in xbox's column was when they announced GTA4 would be released simultaneously on PS3 and 360.

but PS3s aren't completely safe from hardware failures. i think i recall reading back a few months ago walter's crapping out on him?

Nope never any hardware problems. The only problems I had, were connection problems with the network. Which were because of my firewall.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Their ratings would never get that high............cuz it's late night. The shows are made for late night, it's an entirely different genre from the primetime shows, it is in fact apples and oranges.

It's a variation on Variety Hour.

The new Leno show will be in primetime (8-11 is primetime). If they didn't believe it could achieve the ratings, they wouldn't be doing it.

DiscoBerger2123

DiscoBerger2123

hyper off the ginseng root

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro

WHERE'S MY FUCKING TATTOO ! ! !

:lol: :lol:

The Roots, right? They are great - got to see them twice as opening acts. Good stuff. Questlove was great on the Chappelle show skit, Musical Stereotypes.

One of the most under rated Chappelle Show skits IMO.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

It's a variation on Variety Hour.

The new Leno show will be in primetime (8-11 is primetime). If they didn't believe it could achieve the ratings, they wouldn't be doing it.

They are taking a huge chance, we'll see how it plays out. Saying that late night shows aren't good because they aren't on primetime is just silly.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

One of the most under rated Chappelle Show skits IMO.

Not that I listen to his music (because I have a penis) but I was always pleasantly surprised that John Mayer had a personality/sense of humor.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

Not that I listen to his music (because I have a penis) but I was always pleasantly surprised that John Mayer had a personality/sense of humor.

As a FYI... John Mayer will randomly show up to the Comedy Cellar in NYC and do stand up comedy. I'm going to say a short, but sweet 10 minute session.

From what I have heard, he's pretty damn vulgar on stage. Never seen it, but this is what I've heard.

Vallo... I never insinuated that late night tv is not good because it doesn't air during primetime.

What I'm saying is if the networks felt late night style tv could get primetime ratings, they would put it in primetime.

The quality of a show vs. the number of viewers of a show are two completely different things.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

You didnt insinuate it, you said it. Not that this rabid debate about late night tv really matters or I am trying to be a dick, but I thought that was worth pointing out.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,000 posts

You didnt insinuate it, you said it. Not that this rabid debate about late night tv really matters or I am trying to be a dick, but I thought that was worth pointing out.

That first line was my personal opinion. The second line was from a ratings perspective. I can see why it would confuse people as they were written in the same post without a transition.

Anyway, moving away from Late Night TV. How about another Tim Howard shutout in the EPL.

Or even better... a knocked out Ricky Hatton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users