• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

33rd St. weekend service returns today:
https://www.nj.com/t...rvice_retu.html

Weekend WTC service cuts during next season:
https://www.nj.com/t...ice_on_ano.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

good energetic crowd last night.  definitely not close to being a sellout though.  39 degrees at kickoff probably contributed to that.

i wonder what our Thurs night 7pm (!!!) game against atlanta will hold in store....

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

good ... crowd last night.  definitely not close to being a sellout ... 39 degrees at kickoff probably contributed

Combined with 7:30 PM game time, kickoff 7:55, and a goal down from the first leg. Still, lower bowl full (10k) & upstairs half-full (7,500) means close to a legit 18k.
Of course, ATL had >70,000 v. BoyCity.

i wonder what our Thurs night 7pm (!!!) game against atlanta will hold in store....

First leg result & weather forecast will also affect.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

good energetic crowd last night.  definitely not close to being a sellout though.  39 degrees at kickoff probably contributed to that.

It sounded phenomenal on TV, as good as I can ever remember. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

I'll second this, it was really good.  There have been a couple of others (maybe the first boy city game at home) that were like this, but it was definitely up there. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

I'll second this, it was really good.  There have been a couple of others (maybe the first boy city game at home) that were like this, but it was definitely up there. 

This was the first big game I wasn't able to attend in many, many years, so I was even more gutted not to be there with how great it sounded. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I was at the game and the crowd fet energtic, but I was still surprised, when I watched the highlights, how well that translated to tv.

I watched highlights of all three matches on Sunday and I thought RBA sounded the loudest, despite what was probably the smallest crowd.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users