31 replies to this topic

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The US still doesnt have the level of skill needed to consistently outgun the top teams in the world. Even if all the top prospects like Weah, Sargent, Robinson, CCV and Pulisic pan out, that still really only brings us to a level around that of Chile or the Ukraine. 

So the USMNT is going to need athletic beasts like Adams where they can get involved in the game. 34 year old Michael Bradley making above-average passes while not running the full length of the pitch is not what we need. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I understand the new RB/CM role and understand why Adams is uniquely suited to it.

The team would still be so much better with him in midfield and Lima at the RB role.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

https://ftw.usatoday...mnt-tyler-adams

Zurich

Zurich

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

https://ftw.usatoday...mnt-tyler-adams

Michael Bradley and Wil Trapp are fine enough players, I suppose, but they sure aren’t Tyler Adams. 

PREACH

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Bastian Schweinsteiger says Tyler at RB/CM is a great idea. 

https://twitter.com/...504015644647426

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Bastian Schweinsteiger says Tyler at RB/CM is a great idea. 

https://twitter.com/...504015644647426

WTF does he know? The question will become, where does Yedlin NOW PLAY?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

by the looks of it, where Jordan Morris was on the field. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I thought he played well back there, tonight. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Pulisic destroyed Valencia in the corner at one point, that was an amazing move. Just darted around and past him from a stand-still position.

Tyler was very good but as Twellman pointed out many times, the challenge of the dual role would be a lot tougher against a better offensive team. Should work quite well in non-Mexico CONCACAF matchups.

Long was good and playing the ball out the ball back well, but again not a very challenging opponent. Had a couple of hopeless long balls, which he tends to do for RB as well, I never like those.

Wonder if they'll both play vs Chile next week, would be a far more challenging opposition, but probably not great from a club team perspective.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

It's actually enjoyable watching this team play again.

Also, a potential all-Metro back four?   - Ream ----- Miazga ----- Long ----- Adams -

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Pulisic destroyed Valencia in the corner at one point, that was an amazing move. Just darted around and past him from a stand-still position.

Tyler was very good but as Twellman pointed out many times, the challenge of the dual role would be a lot tougher against a better offensive team. Should work quite well in non-Mexico CONCACAF matchups.

Long was good and playing the ball out the ball back well, but again not a very challenging opponent. Had a couple of hopeless long balls, which he tends to do for RB as well, I never like those.

Wonder if they'll both play vs Chile next week, would be a far more challenging opposition, but probably not great from a club team perspective.

Although I want to try Pulisic at CAM I think he is best on wing.  Put Leget at CAM and Pulisic on wing where he can pull moves like that.  

I think they stick with this formation/tactics for a while to practice and get people comfortable in those postions. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Although I want to try Pulisic at CAM I think he is best on wing.  Put Leget at CAM and Pulisic on wing where he can pull moves like that.  

Yeah, I agree. Pulisic is probably our best CAM as well, but playing him away from his best position is not utilizing him at 100%. Messi's had the same issue with Argentina. Obviously not saying Pulisic is as good, just that they've faced the same conundrum for their NTs.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

It's actually enjoyable watching this team play again.

Also, a potential all-Metro back four?   - Ream ----- Miazga ----- Long ----- Adams -

Then you have Bradley in CM, with Weah and Jozy in 2 of 3 positions up top. LOL 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Then you have Bradley in CM, with Weah and Jozy in 2 of 3 positions up top. LOL 

Metro makes, the world takes

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Tyler back to RBL:
https://www.france24...-mckennie-stays
Highlights: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=34Qgqw9Kerg
Nasty twist for McKennie @ 2:00.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users