Jorgensen

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Jorgensen (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinion on Jorgensen's play

1. Trash (7 votes [12.28%])

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

2. Basura (9 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. Give him some more time. You'll see. (41 votes [71.93%])

Percentage of vote: 71.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Well, he is proving he can score on the USL level.

Off a good Etienne chip that would never happen against a MLS defender and off a Stroud shot that almost any MLS keeper would have held onto. As I type this, he blasted a shot on a breakaway into the sky.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Obviously more of a project than we had hoped rather than a first team contributor but at least we are seeing something promising at the USL level and thankfully we have RB2 to help him along in his transition. 

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Obviously more of a project than we had hoped rather than a first team contributor but at least we are seeing something promising at the USL level and thankfully we have RB2 to help him along in his transition. 

For the first time since I have watched him , he really showed some confidence and aggression in the 2nd half of RB2 game - I am more positive than I was a week ago

Hopefully with more time he will show he belongs with the 1st team . I keep forgetting he is only 18 , and in a new country

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

For the first time since I have watched him , he really showed some confidence and aggression in the 2nd half of RB2 game - I am more positive than I was a week ago

Hopefully with more time he will show he belongs with the 1st team . I keep forgetting he is only 18 , and in a new country

yeah he is so young and has some good tools.  Sometimes with these really young guys it just randomly clicks.  Would be nice if we had someone that was more readymade now, but I still think Jorgy will end up being pretty good.  

This is a tough league for a skinny center forward to play in.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I know this was a signing with the long-term in mind, but it's an extremely bad look that:

1. Barlow starts ahead of him

2. Etienne is subbed in as lone striker instead of him

He's effectively 5th on the striker depth chart right now. That's ugly.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
These are the realities of being a farm team.

Red bull out.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I know this was a signing with the long-term in mind, but it's an extremely bad look that:

1. Barlow starts ahead of him

2. Etienne is subbed in as lone striker instead of him

He's effectively 5th on the striker depth chart right now. That's ugly.

Came here to post this. We all knew we needed scoring depth, a 2nd striker going into this season. So we went out and signed some random kid who can't even get into the game in a situation like today.....wtf

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

These are the realities of being a farm team.

Red bull out.

some Scottish guy said the same thing on the PATH ride to Journal Sq. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
What's being a farm team have to do with Jorgensen falling short of expectations?

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

2.5 million on a gamble for a kid, that if he comes good, will be promoted internally to Europe. As opposed to 2.5 mil on a more proven player ready to contribute now.

Portland paid under 3 million for Valeri. If Jorgie eventually becomes a comparable killer, that's great. But still, sign another player that can help the team now.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
Yeah, 2 mill should be able to buy someone who maybe isn't a game changer, but can certainly walk into the starting lineup.

Bad business from Dennis or a willingness to push risk onto us from ownership. Who knows which one.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

2.5 million on a gamble for a kid, that if he comes good, will be promoted internally to Europe. As opposed to 2.5 mil on a more proven player ready to contribute now.

Portland paid under 3 million for Valeri. If Jorgie eventually becomes a comparable killer, that's great. But still, sign another player that can help the team now.

I feel that is really just Denis' fault for not find someone who is closer to being ready.  I am curious who the two English strikers they were looking at when they were scouting Jorgensen were.  

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What the hell happened to our scouting? Finding diamonds in the rough was our MO for a few years, we swung so rapidly to the other end of the spectrum where we're overpaying for busts. Ivan and Jorgesen are the two biggest transfers since Kaku, neither can even get into the 18 after several months/years with the team.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Don't forget Keita, Who I think offered more than Ivan.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he would've been earning double what Ivan's earning. might as well have kept Veron. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users