Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Ugh
Losing at home definitely hurt
Thought he would have the year
Got covid snd fired by phone - merry Xmas!

Derek Rae on Twitter has great thread

Sounds a bit mutual

Very unlikely to be mutual. Arguably should've had more time, but if you don't deliver results, you're out. That's the nature of a top league job.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if he was German, he might have gotten more time.

Well, Marsch is a German surname
https://forebears.io/surnames/marsch
and he was learning the language.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
He'll do great things as USMNT head coach.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
They are making a huge fucking mistake. Per usual.

I was anti-Marsch when he took over. In fact, Im pretty much anti everything. He is one of. Nah fuck it hes the only American coach to win me over. Mark my words this is quite possibly the highest mistake our fucktard owners have ever made.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

They are making a huge fucking mistake. Per usual.

I was anti-Marsch when he took over. In fact, Im pretty much anti everything. He is one of. Nah fuck it hes the only American coach to win me over. Mark my words this is quite possibly the highest mistake our fucktard owners have ever made.

How would you even judge this? If they make Champions League (or even Europa League given their current spot in the table), this move will prove to not be a mistake. RBL getting relegated would prove this move a mistake. Would Marsch have to as a coach to prove this move a mistake. Take another club to Champions League? Take the Nats to a World Cup quarterfinal or semi?

RB has shit on Metro, but theyve made very few mistakes with RBL. This is the worst spot theyve been in since they were promoted to the Bundesliga. Hard not to place a decent amount of blame on the coach. And I love Marsch as a coach. I think I was one of 3 fans that were excited when Petke was fired and Marsch was hired.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Didnt realize RBL was also playing in empty stadiums due to COVID restrictions (from Once a MEtro article).  Man Jesse got dealt the worst hand possible.  Feel really bad for him.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

This is sad after watching him move through the ranks with Red Bull. He was given garbage to work with at Leipzig compared to what they had a past couple years. Wouldn't shock me to see him as an assistant with ManU now.

Wasnt he Ralfs pet project? Maybe the new hierarchy at RB Global just doesnt rate Marsch the same way.

This doesn't sound too crazy to me. Makes a lot of sense. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

How would you even judge this?

I wouldnt. I dont care. Red Bull has defeated my ability to feel feelings.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I wouldnt. I dont care. Red Bull has defeated my ability to feel feelings.

So its the worst decision ever, just because. Cool

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Will be interesting to see how Marsch does at his next job. I am not sure he is the genius that many make him out to be. He has never really shown to be adaptable in a way that is necessary to manage against the top teams in the world.  Rangnick liked him because Marsch was a 100% drinker of the Red Bull energy drink style Kool Aid.  In MLS you can just turn up the press to 11 and allow average MLS midfielders to wilt under the pressure.  At Salzburg you don't even really have to coach at all to win games because of the superiority of talent to the rest of the league.  Basically, Marsch has to succeed at his next job in Europe or I think the most likely arc for his career is back to MLS.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Sucks for Jesse but understandable from the results perspective, and given the amount of money and the players they brought in for the season. According to German media, his downfall was not able to get the players buy into the traditional RB style of soccer, something that they kind of gotten away with Nagelsman., for the defending corps to gel and all the offensive firepower to produce

This has done a lot of damage to his reputation in Germany and he is going to have to work to rebuild his brand, and like Antonius Block said above, can he evolve his tactics and not pigeonhole himself into that high pressing style

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

According to German media, his downfall was not able to get the players buy into the traditional RB style of soccer...

According to these reports, sounds like he wasn't able to buy into himself either...

https://youtu.be/DSCNG6-WO_Y

Would love to hear Jesse's side to this story.

But hey, if Armas can end up at Man Utd, I'm sure Jesse will be just fine.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

According to these reports, sounds like he wasn't able to buy into himself either...

https://youtu.be/DSCNG6-WO_Y

Would love to hear Jesse's side to this story.

But hey, if Armas can end up at Man Utd, I'm sure Jesse will be just fine.

Seems like 4D chess.   Self-sabotage because he doesn't want to be type-cast as a Red Bull guy forever.     It has to be frustrating to be forced to play a certain style season after season with whatever players you're given.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

LAFC reportedly looking at him.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I'd like to see either Man U assistant or head coach in championship over a return to MLS. 

LAFC would be dumb not to be interested in him, but I think he'll have other, more attractive offers. I don't think a tough 3 months at RBL when they lost a lot of players is as big of a blemish as people think. Plenty of teams will see him as a victim of circumstance.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users