83 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Ben Cork says reports out of the Netherlands have RBNY in discussions for Dutch 2nd division striker Dylan Vente from Roda JC.

Feyenoord academy player that had 23 goals this past season.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Ben Cork says reports out of the Netherlands have RBNY in discussions for Dutch 2nd division striker Dylan Vente from Roda JC.

Feyenoord academy player that had 23 goals this past season.

Roda JC attacker Dylan Vente is in the interest of the American New York Red Bulls. Sources within the Kerkrade club confirm this to ZO-NWS on Friday.

According to insiders, talks have already taken place with the 23-year-old striker, who himself would not be unsympathetic to a new sporting adventure in the United States.

Vente came from Feyenoord to Kerkrade last year, where he became top scorer last season. He still has a contract in the Parkstad Limburg Stadium until mid-2023.

At New York Red Bulls, former Roda goalkeeper Ronald Waterreus was under the bar in the past.

https://zo-nws.nl/node/61800

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
Apparently he "would not be unsympathetic to a new sporting adventure in the United States" (lol, love Google translate).

Also former Metro connection:
"At New York Red Bulls, former Roda goalkeeper Ronald Waterreus was under the bar in the past."

I think this means it's in the bag right?

Edit: you beat me to it!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Apparently he "would not be unsympathetic to a new sporting adventure in the United States" (lol, love Google translate).

Also former Metro connection:
"At New York Red Bulls, former Roda goalkeeper Ronald Waterreus was under the bar in the past."

I think this means it's in the bag right?

Edit: you beat me to it!

if Ronald Watterus and his hamstring injury on a long flight (or was that hypothermia) get us a quality striker/winger.....

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

if Ronald Watterus and his hamstring injury on a long flight (or was that hypothermia) get us a quality striker/winger.....

I think Watterus was hypothermia and Frank Rost was the sitting too long on a flight injury...but I'm sure someone will correct if wrong.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think Watterus was hypothermia and Frank Rost was the sitting too long on a flight injury...but I'm sure someone will correct if wrong.

Correct!

Vente: 23 goals in 38 games in the 2nd division last year.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

https://www.youtube....h?v=cxb30Zh5JQw

looks like he can finish much better than klimala and barlow at least

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

not 100% the level i was hoping for from next 9 but getting someone who put a full season together scoring a ton of goals better than speculative stuff atm.  he was 4th in the second division in goals and 2nd for U23 guys. 

dont know if he is good from it but he tape shows him scoring more traditional striker goals and less breakaways which is Klimalas biggest issue with us now.  when morgan/luqui/etc get ball out wide klimala isnt good still at finding space to get his shot off cleanly or scoring with his head.  Klimalas tape when he came was 75% breakaways

https://www.youtube....h?v=cxb30Zh5JQw

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Correct!

Vente: 23 goals in 38 games in the 2nd division last year.

I am imagining this team, as is with Morgans and Luquinhas production, but replacing Klimala with a guy who scores 20 goals in an MLS season. Yes please.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I am imagining this team, as is with Morgans and Luquinhas production, but replacing Klimala with a guy who scores 20 goals in an MLS season. Yes please.

Heck 10 goals from open play would be great
Seems to be forward but can play a bit of winger

Meanwhile revs signing this guy
https://www.transfer.../spieler/363178

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Heck 10 goals from open play would be great
Seems to be forward but can play a bit of winger

Meanwhile revs signing this guy
https://www.transfer.../spieler/363178

This is going to sound critical, and maybe it is, but RBNY continues to mostly go the unheralded throw shit at the wall route when a lot of the bigger spenders in MLS are signing guys like this.

The lack of selling being done by RBNY probably doesnt help, as the Revs just sold Buksa for $10M, but weve churned through Tetteh, Fabio, Fletcher and now we are on to Vente. Barlow is like the only constant at ST.

I think if they trusted their scouting more theyd spend on another ST, but they have been burned with Jørgensen and Klimala certainly hasnt lived up to expectations.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

At least this guy has a proven scoring record (be it in the 2nd division).

Of course, the sad thing is, if they just splashed on a truly proven veteran striker, this team could be a juggernaut.

But beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

This is going to sound critical, and maybe it is, but RBNY continues to mostly go the unheralded throw shit at the wall route when a lot of the bigger spenders in MLS are signing guys like this.

The lack of selling being done by RBNY probably doesnt help, as the Revs just sold Buksa for $10M, but weve churned through Tetteh, Fabio, Fletcher and now we are on to Vente. Barlow is like the only constant at ST.

I think if they trusted their scouting more theyd spend on another ST, but they have been burned with Jørgensen and Klimala certainly hasnt lived up to expectations.

Agree
Transfer fee for RBs guy is only 3.8
This guy sounds like he should be known to RB as he plays in Austria but maybe they know him and do not think he is fit for what Struber wants

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

Agree
Transfer fee for RBs guy is only 3.8
This guy sounds like he should be known to RB as he plays in Austria but maybe they know him and do not think he is fit for what Struber wants

*plays in netherlands

edit - oh wait i don't know which guy you're talking about

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

replacing Klimala with a guy who scores 20 goals

Christmas in July?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users