MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,872 posts
  • Supports:Metro

In the Murillo press release...

"I went down to see Michael play in person with our Head Scout Rob Elliot and we were impressed," said Red Bulls first assistant Denis Hamlett. "After watching him play and speaking with him, we believe that Michael fits our club philosophy and we are glad to add him to our team for 2017."

That's a new one.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Pretty clear Jesse is now a more traditional "manager" with Dennis doing a lot of the dirty work.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Pretty clear Jesse is now a more traditional "manager" with Dennis doing a lot of the dirty work.

I believe this is the philosophy/ structure difference that curtis had with red bull. A decision was prob made when marsch was in europe

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

They keep saying Davis is ready but last year when SK16 was sitting on the sidelines with a broken nose with no real assurance he was able to play Davis wasn't warming up to take over. Marsch was more comfortable playing noone for 15 minutes then just getting another body in there, then putting a dude in there who couldn't properly breath with a broken nose. 

No one is claiming Davis is ready to replace Sacha, though. Plus if they knew Sacha would take 15 minutes to fix up, they possibly make that sub. But if you think Sacha is a minute or two away from being okay (yes, 5 times in a row), you wait for him. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Maybe they offered Marsch total control in exchange for staying with NY and turning down Salzburg?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Maybe they offered Marsch total control in exchange for staying with NY and turning down Salzburg?

That implies that NY and Salzburg were competing for him.  If RB wanted him in Salzburg, he'd be in Salzburg.  The mothership is not going to get into a bidding war with itself.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

I have a picture of my son with Dax and Ali Curtis from a Red Bull Event in 2015. 

Am going to have him bring it to an autograph session and have Jesse sign it just to see the reaction.

lmao
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

That implies that NY and Salzburg were competing for him.  If RB wanted him in Salzburg, he'd be in Salzburg.  The mothership is not going to get into a bidding war with itself.

I really think the Salzburg thing was two issues.  1, not everyone over there was on board with hiring Marsch.  Probably the whole American thing... And the other thing was that their current coach didn't end up going to the other place he wanted.  Something probably fell through on that end.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I really think the Salzburg thing was two issues.  1, not everyone over there was on board with hiring Marsch.  Probably the whole American thing... And the other thing was that their current coach didn't end up going to the other place he wanted.  Something probably fell through on that end.

As Jesse himself said - he isn't remotely qualified to coach over here.  There was smoke, but it was just Ali on fire, not Jesse.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users