McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Struber benched Kaku in the one game he was in charge of last year lol

Yea, the lack of a #10 is partially on Struber.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

What have you seen them do to rebuild the academy?   What  have they done there that has any possible impact on what they are or aren't doing here?  Have you seen RB2 this year?    How does a failed 1st team and failed reserve team accomplish anything toward any goal?     Stop with the mental contortions.   They just suck at everything.

when hamlet was appointed GM, there was turnover in the youth academy and scouting department. It took a very long time before those positions were filled. It might have taken a year or two?

If I had to pin point where things went wrong. It started there. Tolkin and maybe stroud ( not sure if he was drafted when marsch was coach) might have been the only guys that came up during that period.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yea, the lack of a #10 is partially on Struber.

Maybe the lack of a 10 is a feature of Stuber-Ball..... no wings and no 10. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Maybe the lack of a 10 is a feature of Stuber-Ball..... no wings and no 10. 

...and no goals...

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Uglifying the Beautiful Game

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

They have brought in youth gambles onto the first team:

Coronel (RBS)

Luca Lewis

AJ Marcucci

Tom Edwards

Gutman

Lucas Monzon

Reyes

Tolkien

Amaya

Carmona

Clark

Diarra (RBS)

Estrela

Harper

Fabio

Klimala

Sowe

Struber 

Other than Clark (who they are almost certainly re-thinking) and maybe Tolkin, maybe Wiki (?) virtually none of those players have chance to ever get a look from either RB club in Europe.   Diarra doesn't count.    Again, if that's their plan, they suck at it.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Struber benched Kaku in the one game he was in charge of last year lol

Then you wonder why Kaku couldn't wait to Get out of Dodge

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

...and no goals...

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Anyone have a new take on Struberball? 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Anyone have a new take on Struberball? 

I think 2023 is the best version of Struberball we've seen yet.

The formation change has made a big difference in how we attack. We're getting more numbers forward and giving our target strikers more support to turn direct play into actual scoring chances. I feel like we've already gotten more clean looks at goal in the first month of the season than we did for most of last year. Unfortunately we've still been snakebitten in front of net, but I don't blame Struber for that. If we keep playing like we're playing, goals will come.

And then there's the historically good defense. I feel like this isn't being appreciated enough, or in extreme cases is being blamed for the attacking problems! We're not playing a particularly conservative formation, although we do have two true stay-at-home #6's. We're just really, really organized and have figured out how to nip attacks in the bud before they even start. 

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls/MetroStars

Struberball leaves Vanezir on the bench.  Your 5 million dollar DP on the bench in favor of ?????????????   

Barlow !

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Struberball leaves Vanezir on the bench.  Your 5 million dollar DP on the bench in favor of ?????????????   

Barlow !

Dante was getting up to speed and then was sick leading up to the Charlotte match. When hes 90 fit hell start.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

I think 2023 is the best version of Struberball we've seen yet.

The formation change has made a big difference in how we attack. We're getting more numbers forward and giving our target strikers more support to turn direct play into actual scoring chances. I feel like we've already gotten more clean looks at goal in the first month of the season than we did for most of last year. Unfortunately we've still been snakebitten in front of net, but I don't blame Struber for that. If we keep playing like we're playing, goals will come.

And then there's the historically good defense. I feel like this isn't being appreciated enough, or in extreme cases is being blamed for the attacking problems! We're not playing a particularly conservative formation, although we do have two true stay-at-home #6's. We're just really, really organized and have figured out how to nip attacks in the bud before they even start. 

Well see if it gets better when Dante is fit to start and Burke is back, but right now its still ugly soccer and kind of boring.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Well see if it gets better when Dante is fit to start and Burke is back, but right now its still ugly soccer and kind of boring.

Not gonna argue there but I think this will be true of any Red Bull coach until the entire global organization decides to change their approach. We are the opposite of joga bonita and it's by design. Even Marsch played ugly, boring soccer, it was just more effective than any other coach since.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Scoring goals has the magical ability to make a system look better. If we start scoring 2+ average at least at home, the stylistic complaints will be less of a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users