65 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Clark likely gone and CCJ may be sold
They have better Omir, Wiki for his 2nd year + 1 from NYRB2 SSeranda or another player
They need 2 new midfielder players to bring in

To early for speculative off season thread?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Clark likely gone and CCJ may be sold
They have better Omir, Wiki for his 2nd year + 1 from NYRB2 SSeranda or another player
They need 2 new midfielder players to bring in

To early for speculative off season thread?

The CCJ conundrum, does RBNY cash in? Whats his role next season?

Hes only played deeper in midfield sparingly since the summer (away to CIN), but probably not dynamic enough to start as an attacking midfielder if RBNY hope to produce more goals next season.

Where does Struber ideally envision him playing? Is the current formation and position for CCJ temporary?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Ccj is great. This is his best season.

I think clark will be back next season. Is'nt there a loan agreement between liepzig and nyrb if he cant make the team?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't necessarily think Clark is likely to be gone. He's in a dogfight to even crack our starting XI right now. Zero chance he gets first team minutes in Leipzig anytime soon. You could maybe loan him to Salzburg but they have Aaronson playing his role. 

As for Cassares, it probably depends on who is making offers and for how much. It's a cop out answer but that almost certainly will dictate everything. I'd bet the inclination is to keep him for at least one more season.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Im willing to bet Clark is loaned right back here. CCJ has made the jump this year, I wouldnt be offended moving him if (big if) we use that money

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Casseres is a very good player for us as he is physical and presses very well but I do not know where he fits in a more traditional system.  He has never really flourished as a central midfielder and while he creates well in a high press due to his work rate, he does not do much as far as playing key passes and unlocking defenses.  He also does not have the speed or crossing ability of a winger. 

All that said, I hope we keep him as he is a very good fit for our system. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Im willing to bet Clark is loaned right back here. CCJ has made the jump this year, I wouldnt be offended moving him if (big if) we use that money

I think he'll be loaned out but not to here. Leipzig might figure there are better places for his development than a team that benched him for two months. One reason or another it's not quite clicking between he and Struber.

Maybe a lower division German side to get him used to life there?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I think he'll be loaned out but not to here. Leipzig might figure there are better places for his development than a team that benched him for two months. One reason or another it's not quite clicking between he and Struber.

Im sure RB Global was on board with Clarks lack of playing time. Whether it was either fitness related to his surgery or something else, if they disagreed with the way Struber was handling him, they probably would have fired Struber.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There is no way Struber benched Clark without Leipzig approval.    I don't see him going to Leipzig yet.  Don't know Salzburg's roster well enough, but they  strongly prefer developing/loaning players within their system.   Leifering would be the next option after that and I don't see that as a better fit than Harrison.    I'm guessing they send him to train in Austria for a few weeks during our pre-season and make an assessment.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
I dunno, I think we learned during the Hamlett years that Leipzig doesn't have as much direct oversight of NY as we assume they do. Plus they paid more for Struber to come to NY than they are for Clark to go to Leipzig (which is $0 right?). I wouldn't assume Clark is a golden child immune to coach's decisions

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

At this point, there's no reason to believe that Clark will be in Leipzig next year.  I still think his upside is limited because he's physically limited, but he seems to have a ton of will, and that can take you a long way.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I dunno, I think we learned during the Hamlett years that Leipzig doesn't have as much direct oversight of NY as we assume they do. Plus they paid more for Struber to come to NY than they are for Clark to go to Leipzig (which is $0 right?). I wouldn't assume Clark is a golden child immune to coach's decisions

I don't think we learned that at all, unless you assumed more direct oversight than I did.   They control the purse strings, they send players here whether we want them or not, but they give people a fairly long leash.    Armas was only given two full seasons, which is pretty short for a Shield winning coach.   And Clark is a Leipzig asset; they most certainly retain full oversight of his development.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

I don't think we learned that at all, unless you assumed more direct oversight than I did.   They control the purse strings, they send players here whether we want them or not, but they give people a fairly long leash.    Armas was only given two full seasons, which is pretty short for a Shield winning coach.   And Clark is a Leipzig asset; they most certainly retain full oversight of his development.

They brought in Paul Mitchell in 2019 with the direct intent of having oversight of NY from the mothership, and he ended up leaving the organization almost as soon as he joined it. I took that to mean that Hamlett and Armas were kids running the house without a babysitter, not that Papa Red Bull was OK giving them time to prove themselves.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

pretty sure CCJ 's contract expires in 2022.  so we either need to sell or sign him to a new deal.  shouldnt let him leave for free

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Im sure RB Global was on board with Clarks lack of playing time. Whether it was either fitness related to his surgery or something else, if they disagreed with the way Struber was handling him, they probably would have fired Struber.

There is no way Struber benched Clark without Leipzig approval.    

While I have major issues with RB global, I find it very unlikely that they dictate starting rosters in NY. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users