111 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
What a great day, got to see the Devils and Red Bulls win in the same day. Seemed like there were quite a few people who went to both games. It's been the first time in forever that I can actually say the Devils had a better atmosphere than the Red Bulls game tonight.

I'm thrilled they clinched the playoffs and got that out of the way. I'd like to see them win the next 2 and whoever we play we play. It's the MLS playoffs, anything can happen. My only complaint is that unless we play NYCFC it's going to be a pain in the ass to get to a weekday game in Atlanta, Chicago, Columbus.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

An old Metrofanatic poster showed up in 101 tonite:

DLk4bYSV4AAymYh.jpg

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

With yesterday's "sellout", our average home attendance for the year stands at 20,922 (according to wikipedia)

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

yesterday's "sellout"

I see the Great Pumpkin!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

An old Metrofanatic poster showed up in 101 tonite:

DLk4bYSV4AAymYh.jpg

*Hums Brass Bonanza*
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

I thought we looked fantastic yesterday.  I want to give a shout-out to Davis, who I thought had a really unique and fun game. He really pushed the ball hard from deep to forward spots from where he passed the ball well. While I personally would love to see Veron start in a wide role I can see the reasons behind starting Davis. I thought Sacha looked great, and has really recovered from his swoon that stretched from the POs, to the USMNT camp, the CCL, and about the first third of the season. He just wasn't as ticking as much. 

The thing with him is that he needs wide guys to have more space to work higher up the field. Royer out there stretches the field in ways that Muyl just cannot. If I was to pick a bum it would be Muyl, who I thought didn't look crisp at all in his sub role. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Sacha still refuses to take a shot, which is a major flaw. Had one where he was on the 18 straight in front of the goal with no defenders ahead of him and still played the usual angled pass to a forward who was then covered by a defender.

Better than early this season but that's a pretty low bar. Churns out assists at a great rate, but Adams has made similar and better passes from a much deeper role in recent games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users