• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Still hoping Berhalter gets the US job because he's a good coach and it weakens a team we play a lot.

Still think Marsch is a goner though.  He was talking very much in the past tense over the last couple weeks. Now appears it wasn't for the top Leipzig job, but very well could be as an assistant.  Good call by matador if that happens.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

He's got to be a top three option for that job at the moment. Earnie Stewart's ties to the Union also mean he's well aware of Jesse and will have a strong opinion (good or bad) about him taking over USA. 

Part of me thinks that the Marsch rumors were true, but that Stewart swooped in and will poach Jesse.  Not likely of course, but given US Soccer's systemic problems, appointing someone like Jesse makes sense.  Look at what our club has done with player development, both with the academy and RBII.  Klinsmann said we needed an identity, but, as far as I can tell, did nothing to advance that aim.  I think the athletic, high-press style definitely suits American players.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Part of me thinks that the Marsch rumors were true, but that Stewart swooped in and will poach Jesse.  Not likely of course, but given US Soccer's systemic problems, appointing someone like Jesse makes sense.  Look at what our club has done with player development, both with the academy and RBII.  Klinsmann said we needed an identity, but, as far as I can tell, did nothing to advance that aim.  I think the athletic, high-press style definitely suits American players.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  

Agree.  We have the athletes for it.  Also would be nice to see a more consistent formation and something that resembles what most of these players use in MLS.  Most of the teams in MLS go with the 4-2-3-1 but we rarely seen it with the national team.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Like everyone mentioned, Jesse is gonna test himself in Europe at some point but the RB family jobs are not gonna be open any time soon. Ragnick will probably coach Leipzig himself this year and then Naglesmann will take over and he has a 4 year contract. The Salzburg coach did a great job this year taking them to the Europa league semis. Maybe when Rose leaves Salzburg for a bigger team, that would open the door for Jesse. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://twitter.com/...924388263743488

Advanced talks, possibly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

He's gone... That last report from Dyer.  Thought it was obvious when he said the No Comment thing and started talking about things in the past tense, but was still holding out hope something had fallen through.

It's a major change... One, he's a great coach.  Easily among the best few in the league.  Second, he basically runs this team after that power struggle with Curtis.  Now Hamlett gets a bigger voice and who knows what we have with Armas.  Unlikely he'll be as good as Marsch because most coaches aren't but gonna hope for the best.  Either way, a mid season change shouldn't send us spiraling.  That coach out in Seattle is trash and even he won an MLS Cup during the midseason change.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,104 posts

According to Dyer, it's either an interim head coach job... or an interim assistant coach? Ugh.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,949 posts

According to Dyer, it's either an interim head coach job... or an interim assistant coach? Ugh.

If it's interim head coach for a year at the Bundesliga level, it's not a bad gig. Or it's an audition to be the next RB Salzburg coach. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts

https://www.mlssocce...join-rb-leipzig

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,949 posts

It's a major change... One, he's a great coach.  Easily among the best few in the league.  Second, he basically runs this team after that power struggle with Curtis.  Now Hamlett gets a bigger voice and who knows what we have with Armas.  Unlikely he'll be as good as Marsch because most coaches aren't but gonna hope for the best.  Either way, a mid season change shouldn't send us spiraling.  That coach out in Seattle is trash and even he won an MLS Cup during the midseason change.

This is a bit of a leap to assume that Hamlet was basically powerless. Don't agree with that.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

This is a bit of a leap to assume that Hamlet was basically powerless. Don't agree with that.

Just look at the circumstances.

Curtis was gone and Marsch's personal hire and assistant coach is the guy who replaces him.  You think Marsch was answering at all to Hamlett? No way. Similar power structures exist in all sports. Some head coaches have GM's that are more so an extension of the head coach rather than someone who's reported to. 

Now with Armas things change. Don't think there's any way he's getting the same level of power that Marsch had.  Would be absolutely shocked if Hamlett didn't have more of a voice.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts

i wouldn't be surprised that Hamlett is named Interim HC, with Armas being 1st Asst, then taking over in January. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

i wouldn't be surprised that Hamlett is named Interim HC, with Armas being 1st Asst, then taking over in January. 

Really think it's gonna be Armas.  For whatever reason, they seem to like Hamlett in that front office role.  Maybe even Hamlett likes it. 

100% expect Armas to take over that job.  Even after the games Marsch has been going to Armas more in those videos to talk to the team.  

Plus going back to that rumor of Marsch taking over the Salzburg job and it was Armas who was supposed to take over then.  

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Rangnick, first he took Cletus and now hes taking Jesse (with Tyler not far behind). Not cool!

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

So odd that RBL announced their new coach....but he won't take over until '19-20 because he is going to stay with Hoffenheim for '18-19...where he will be coaching against RBL.

Can't say I've ever seen something like that before.  Doesn't seem like a great situation for any of the parties involved.

It would be incredibly disappointing if Jesse were to leave for some sort of interim or assistant role when we are so close to seeing out what he's been building here for a few years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users