240 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

This. I know he just got here, but what is Thelwell doing? Hamlett, who Thelwell now oversees, hasn't done anything since.

Is this guy coming in now going to be the excuse as to why there are no signings?

No, the franchises feet (and Hamletts) should definitely be put to the coals for the current state of the squad, but can we give Thelwell a month?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

No, the franchises feet (and Hamletts) should definitely be put to the coals for the current state of the squad, but can we give Thelwell a month?

I'm just hoping for at least one more player coming in, and not a scrub.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

word

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You should definitely keep shitposting until it happens. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Thanks for the well wishes, it is much appreciated.

This move is very confusing and doesnt make a whole lot of sense on a lot of ways. I dont have an opinion until things are further clarified over time. I can provide some insight though.

Thelwell was a really young coach and academy director, very smart. He worked his way up and was the Sporting Director to the most up and coming team in the Premirship. He was also appointed to Wolves Board of Directors 6-months ago.

Hes young, in awesome position in his career and in the biggest league in the world. Why would he come 5 levels down to MLS and Red Bull? It makes no sense to any reasonable person.

Also, if hes such an asset, theres no way a Premirship club would let a superstar asset, show on the Board of Directors go to MLS. Doesnt make sense to any reasonable person.

What I do know is that Wolves have been a yo-yo club the past 25 years. Everyone in the UK knows they are making shady under the table payment to a certain agent, whos been funneling top Portuguese players to them the past few years. Theres no way in the world top, top players from Portugal were landing at Wolves when they were in the Championship If it want shady. Not a point to argue because everyone knows this in England.

Did he get pinched doing something shady, then jumped ship? I dont know.

Read the last line of my post above.....

Something didnt seem right with this move. Soon after he left Wolves, the shit is starting to hit the fan. Exactly the kind of stuff I was nervous about.

Lets hope hes not implicated.

My gut tells me that he is though.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Read the last line of my post above.....

Something didnt seem right with this move. Soon after he left Wolves, the shit is starting to hit the fan. Exactly the kind of stuff I was nervous about.

What are you talking about?  I haven't seen any recent news on anything shady at Wolves

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I didn't think there was any type of Portuguese transfer dealings other shady. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Read my initial post from when he was hired.

When 21-year old, highly rated, $20M transfers are coming from Portugal to Wolves......when Wolves were a nobody team in the Championship.......everyone in England and Europe knew it was very shady.

Now, the shit is starting to hit the fan in Portugal.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well OF COURSE he is. You thought the Red Bulls would get something RIGHT???

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Read my initial post from when he was hired.

When 21-year old, highly rated, $20M transfers are coming from Portugal to Wolves......when Wolves were a nobody team in the Championship.......everyone in England and Europe knew it was very shady.

Now, the shit is starting to hit the fan in Portugal.

Care to cite some sort of source or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
[quote name="General Robles" post="1362966" timestamp="1583362136"]
Care to cite some sort of source or are we just supposed to take your word for it?[/quoting

When it comes to European soccer, just take my world for it.

I dont know how to link articles from my phone, my apologies. But there were over 70 raides in Portugal today and super agent Mendes is deeply involved. Menses is the one who had been funneling all of the Players from Portugal to Wolves, that turned them from a Championship team to Euro league in a few seasons.

Its much broader than that. Theyre looking at clubs for money laundering and other stuff. Its big.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://www.caughtof...er-police-raid/

"It seems that Mendes also has some influence at Wolves which can be seen by the influx of Portuguese players into the club lately, but again it’s not clear if they are caught up in this yet."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
https://www.theguard...re_iOSApp_Other

longer read

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Wow this is great!

I'd say Wolves rise up the leagues last few seasons has more to do with Mendes using them for his players, but still getting Hamlet a boss is great. Hope he gets fired by next winter after new guy takes over.

Wolves managing director, Laurie Dalrymple, acknowledged that Mendes was a known associate and friend of the clubs Chinese owner.

Just checked Wolves twitter and everyone seems really happy he is going, so that could mean a lot of things.

Overall this seems a positive for us!

Just showing my op is what others have said. Everyone who follows English football knew something was going on with wolves. They were getting top tier guys for some unknown reason.

Idk what this means for this guy but it was known.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Care to cite some sort of source or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

When it comes to European soccer, just take my world for it

Just trust him, he is Euro Milo. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users