84 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The quantity of players that came in last year gives me faith for this year. I guess I am padding his stats a bit with the loans that did not have buy options (Edwards, Gutman), but he brought in a lot of dudes and 60% or something were starters through the year. 

I don't question his competency, but I do question what the marching orders are from his higher ups... 

I just using your own words.  You said if he didn't announce big signings this week, you would seriously question him (not his higher ups).

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I just using your own words.  You said if he didn't announce big signings this week, you would seriously question him (not his higher ups).

Sorry. I should not have said question Thelwell perhaps. Maybe my opinion is more I'd question the "RBNY player acquisition plan for 2022" - Thelwell is in charge of that but gets orders/budgets from higher ups I'd guess.

Until there is player investment at the level that RB is capable of as among the richest owners, I will probably eternally question RB global.   

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I like that over the years preseason has started sooner and sooner and summer breaks due tournaments or other reasons have been longer... I have always wished that the season started by early February and took a 2 and a week break in mid July and end the season after the November international break with the regular season ending mid December
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Preseason schedule out yet? Are we playing Desert Diamond Cup or other preseason tournament or are they off due Covid? Imagine we'll be at our training ground in Bradenton?

I hope they preseason in Fort Lauderdale and play a friendly down here so I can see them in person again. Last time I saw them in person they whooped Inter Miami in Fort Lauderdale.. I have a very fond memory of that match....

But I would love if they played the Desert Diamond Cup or something like that...

Any word on the preseason schedule?
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

I hope they preseason in Fort Lauderdale and play a friendly down here so I can see them in person again. Last time I saw them in person they whooped Inter Miami in Fort Lauderdale.. I have a very fond memory of that match....

But I would love if they played the Desert Diamond Cup or something like that...

Any word on the preseason schedule?

they will be at IMG for the first part

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Interesting take from Orlando City's pursuit of a player from Penarol in Uruguay. Penarol's president is complaining that MLS contracts are particularly more complicated than other leagues and turning the deal into a pain in the ass. Maybe a little bit of insight into why you don't see MLS teams make many signings by this point in the offseason. I'm seeing a lot more grumbling across MLS fandom as a whole right now with fans complaining their team hasn't done more by now.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Penarol's president is complaining that MLS contracts are particularly more complicated than other leagues and turning the deal into a pain in the ass.

Difficult to extract kickbacks?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Difficult to extract kickbacks?

Didn't some Argie agent have a problem with this before?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Today

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Today

Wonder if they have enough guys for a 7v7

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Wonder if they have enough guys for a 7v7

Thats what RB2 is for. Nothing better than having your first teamers train against 15 year olds and draftees who will flame out of the org in 1-2 seasons.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Based on the video the team shared for first day of preseason, Lamine Conte (negotiating for NYRBII return after failing to get his visa last year), Jeremy Rafanello, and Curtis Ofori all training with the first team.

Coronel may change his #13 to #1.

Nothing else too exciting that I noticed in the video.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Thats what RB2 is for. Nothing better than having your first teamers train against 15 year olds and draftees who will flame out of the org in 1-2 seasons.

Well it raises their confidence?

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

Based on the video the team shared for first day of preseason, Lamine Conte (negotiating for NYRBII return after failing to get his visa last year), Jeremy Rafanello, and Curtis Ofori all training with the first team.

Coronel may change his #13 to #1.

Nothing else too exciting that I noticed in the video.

lewis morgan said he was very cold, i thought that was interesting and exciting 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

lewis morgan said he was very cold, i thought that was interesting and exciting 

Definitely more Scotland than Miami out there

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users