291 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

“No, nothing,” Adams said of RB Leipzig, according to the Athletic. “The earliest that they have talked to me was when I was 15 and I went over for that little trial stint with Sean [Davis]. Other than that, you see guys get loaned here and stuff like that, but no contact about me going there right now.

“I just know that 100 percent I’m here for the whole season,” he added. “What happens at the end of the year, we’ll see, but I think that my focus is on what I’m doing right here right now.”

https://theathletic....here-right-now/

All of the quotes from Adams as well as management are that he'll be here for the season. I fully expect him to be sold in the winter window. I understand the connection with RB Leipzeg, but I expect that there is real interest from other teams too. His talent is easy to see.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Apparently, it is still being considered that he could leave before the winter   https://www.pressrea...282578788911672

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Apparently, it is still being considered that he could leave before the winter   https://www.pressrea...282578788911672

As long as he's here for every MLS Playoff game  we play this year, he can leave at any point after that.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'd prefer that Tyler leave after winning more than just USL Shield and USL Cup. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

If Tyler leaves early we riot.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

As long as he's here for every MLS Playoff game  we play this year, he can leave at any point after that.

Surely he will at this point? 

(Never fucking know with this organization) 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Surely he will at this point? 

(Never fucking know with this organization) 

Germany's transfer window closes tomorrow. If nothing happens, the next time he can leave is Jan 1 - jan 31

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Germany's transfer window closes tomorrow. If nothing happens, the next time he can leave is Jan 1 - jan 31

That's my point! 

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

Wouldn't it be possible for them to purchase him, then immediately loan him out for the duration of the MLS season + playoffs? Seems like the most fair and reasonable solution for both clubs. At worst he'll be there early/mid December, at best he'd be there by mid November.

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Wouldn't it be possible for them to purchase him, then immediately loan him out for the duration of the MLS season + playoffs? Seems like the most fair and reasonable solution for both clubs. At worst he'll be there early/mid December, at best he'd be there by mid November.

I don't know how that benefits anyone, and there actually may be some rule about not being able get him on loan with him going through allocation... because MLS.   It's not like we're LA or NYC and can just ignore the rule book or make new rules whenever it suits us.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I don't know how that benefits anyone, and there actually may be some rule about not being able get him on loan with him going through allocation... because MLS.   It's not like we're LA or NYC and can just ignore the rule book or make new rules whenever it suits us.

the unhinged ATL fans are prob lumping us in with LA/LAFC and NYCFC

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

didn't Bayern Munich do something similar with Alphonso Davies a few weeks ago? We should just do whatever they did

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

didn't Bayern Munich do something similar with Alphonso Davies a few weeks ago? We should just do whatever they did

That is because Davies is not 18 yet. Unfortunately, Adams is over 18.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

He's already missed Leipzig's pre-season, so there's not a tremendous benefit for him, for Leipzig or for RBNY if he goes over there now.  If he went there now, it would be really hard for him to get any time on the field, although having Marsch there might help in that respect.  Might as well wait until 1/1.  Bundesliga has a long winter break where a lot of teams basically have another training camp.  He can be there for that and be good to go for the second half of the Bundesliga season.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
I wasnt pissed when Miazga left. I will be fucking livid if Adams leaves in the middle of a shield race on the cusp of our best season in history.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users