Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Smells like Ohio.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts
I'm going to be really pessimistic in the hopes that it reverse jinxes us. We're going to lose by five goals and Connor Lade will fall face first into a cow pie.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts
Try to save a shot or 2.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,973 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

-----------------------------------------------BWP---------------------------------------------

-Grella-------------------------------------Sacha--------------------------------------Sam-

-----------------------Felipe---------------------------------McCarty------------------------

-Taxi---------------Perrinelle--------------------------------Zubar------------------Lade-

---------------------------------------------Robles---------------------------------------------

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
No Lade, no no no Lade.

Start Veron and start SWP.
Start Sizzo and Ouimette, Zubar is too slow.

And Chris Duvall get well soon.

P. S. Cant Red Bull by that NASA zero gravity treadmill Real Madrid uses to recover their players faster and see if we can get Duvall back sooner.

NY need to have the back line stay deeper just mainly the full backs need to not venture so far up field and if they do they need to sprint back. And Felipe needs to play deeper.

It's a winnable game and hopefully by the end of that week NY are still in first and still in it for the shield.

GET THE SHIELD!!!!!! BEAT the cows
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts
Maybe start Davis or bring him on. He has more of a defensive motor than Felipe and on the counter attack defense that can help.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Maybe start Davis or bring him on. He has more of a defensive motor than Felipe and on the counter attack defense that can help.

I don't think Davis has shown much of a defensive motor at all, to me he seems to have a little bit of a languid play style. Plus we aren't getting beat down the middle on these counters, its all going down the wings or over the top.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

more of a defensive motor than Felipe

Felipe's defense has been great this season.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,347 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Our defense has consistently been susceptible to counter-attacks this season.  Most have been weathered, but not all.  Orlando made the most of their opportunities. 

When it works, the high line creates more offense.  When it fails, it's ugly.

The big question is, whether the coach will make any adjustments.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
CBs play too far up. Miazga and perrinelle need to play farther back. I understand that they want to press but once tge ball passes them it is a sprint

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

CBs play too far up. Miazga and perrinelle need to play farther back. I understand that they want to press but once tge ball passes them it is a sprint

But then you lose the ability for the CBs to keep opponents pinned in their half. So much of our game plan relies on both Miazga and Perrinelle stepping in front of clearances and not letting the other team push up. Its a tough problem for Marsch to solve, maybe more conservative play from the fullbacks instead of the centerbacks would help?

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts
Agreed. The CBs play way far up. Against a slow Center foward its not even a bad idea. To me the solution is the full backs playing it safe. That is that the full backs always consider they're positioning on the field. If they attack, priority should be to track back not press. Calrin was just as faster but out muscled them. I think the solution is the full backs have to be careful about joining the attack. They need to pick and choose the moments to do it, as far as scoreline, moment of the match and the rival. Rivas iirc was faster than Lade. That said he should habe played it safe and sat deeper than Rivas to be ready to challenge him not high press and be caught out of position. He should have let those moments of press to Sam or BWP. They need to stay back do that if a long ball id olayed tonthey wings they press it once its deep so that they force an errand lob towards the CBs nit a eell olaced pass or even a 2 v 2. The fullback cant be caught out of position whivh forces the CB to come out wide and then leaving the other CB to be outnumbered in the center of the park.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
The problem is in our system, the fullbacks have to press. Lade has his good games, but his lack of physical attributes make him a no go at outside back - especially in a system like ours where he will be hung out to dry a lot on a counterattack.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

The problem is in our system, the fullbacks have to press. Lade has his good games, but his lack of physical attributes make him a no go at outside back - especially in a system like ours where he will be hung out to dry a lot on a counterattack.

There's pressing and then there is being higher than the midfielder and getting caught out and not sprinting like a nutcase 3x.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users