410 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Sims was good tonight, he 100% needs to start vs Crapids.

agreed under the circumstances very promising

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
He was okay.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
It was easy to see that hes a player.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

He was okay.

Lol
Guy looks like he can play

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Lol
Guy looks like he can play

He looked competent, but I think some of you guys might be overselling it because of how desperate we are.

Some of his first touches were a little loose and he skied a good opportunity over row z.

Yes, somewhat promising, but lets not start sucking each others popsicles just yet.

Also shit pitch and tough situation to come into for your first appearance. Need to see more.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

He looked competent, but I think some of you guys might be overselling it because of how desperate we are.

Some of his first touches were a little loose and he skied a good opportunity over row z.

Yes, somewhat promising, but lets not start sucking each others popsicles just yet.

Also shit pitch and tough situation to come into for your first appearance. Need to see more.

lol of course need to see more on a field thats not a lightly sodded postage stamp.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Sims looked to give the team new life, but didn't look all that fantastic himself.  Weird stuff.

Still think he could be good for the 2 months he's here.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Sims looked to give the team new life, but didn't look all that fantastic himself.  Weird stuff.

Still think he could be good for the 2 months he's here.

For a while weve needed a speedy winger for the times were up a goal and teams are pushing forward for the equalizer.

At the bare minimum it looks like he can do this.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
I really wonder if we keep him after that season. Seems that he can be an effective MLS player. Definitely not Premiership quality. He also went on 2 loans to Championship sides and rose the bench.

If we do keep him, I wonder what it means for Muyl, Omir, Stoud, etc.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

I really wonder if we keep him after that season. Seems that he can be an effective MLS player. Definitely not Premiership quality. He also went on 2 loans to Championship sides and rose the bench.

Getting rid of Omir would be way too stupid a move even for this team, Muyl is good proven depth, biggest impact might be on Stroud not getting a chance.

Agree I wouldnt mind keeping him. That said, my understanding was that he was definitely returning to UK after the loan?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Getting rid of Omir would be way too stupid a move even for this team, Muyl is good proven depth, biggest impact might be on Stroud not getting a chance.

Agree I wouldnt mind keeping him. That said, my understanding was that he was definitely returning to UK after the loan?

Southampton doesnt want him. When a Premiership team loans a player to MLS, they dont want them. Period.

And their coach is a Red Bull deciple.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

They fight harder for their jobs or move on. Theyre not breaking the bank so Hamlet will be happy to keep them around.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Southampton doesnt want him. When a Premiership team loans a player to MLS, they dont want them. Period.

And their coach is a Red Bull deciple.

yup.  and he just got an apartment and his girlfriend moved down with him which seems like a lot of work for a 2/3 month loan.  I bet it at least is an option for him to decide on what he wants to do.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

yup.  and he just got an apartment and his girlfriend moved down with him which seems like a lot of work for a 2/3 month loan.  I bet it at least is an option for him to decide on what he wants to do.

I hope you are right, I really think he can be a massive player for us once he has a proper preseason and some time to integrate.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

probably for him to decide. he may get a chance to go back to Southhampton over winter break to try again depending what's happening there.

the club helps him with getting the apartment and if his girlfriend has the time and means who wouldn't want to live in NYC area for 2-3 months.  heck people come to do temp work on the boardwalk for minimum wage over the summer just to experience American culture and then have a travel visa.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users