RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Neither were DPs

With the xfer fee, J$ is at least equivalent to a DP in the pre GAM/TAM era.  Don't know what Tetteh was getting paid.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Love to sign two DP attackers who get outscored by Danny Cepero.

" Hello police, I'd like to report a murder..."
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That's certainly the optimistic read of the situation. Hope it actually happens.

Struber likes playing 2 forwards. Only Barlow and White are currently on the roster. I think at least two Strikers are coming and I bet Struber is planning on those newbies to be the primary starters. DP strikers are back on the menu, boys!

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Struber likes playing 2 forwards. Only Barlow and White are currently on the roster. I think at least two Strikers are coming and I bet Struber is planning on those newbies to be the primary starters. DP strikers are back on the menu, boys!

Wonder if Royer is seen as the other starter at striker, alongside a new signing. White and Barlow #3 and 4 on the depth chart, with Sowe potentially getting signed to a reserve contract.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Neither were DPs

The DP rules are complicated and I think, at least for a time, Jorgensen qualified after accounting for his transfer fee. He might have been bought down. 

I think Tetteh would have been a DP had we taken the buy option. I believe that's what I read.

Regardless, our two most expensive attacking additions of the last couple seasons both combined for fewer goals than Danny Cepero.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

The DP rules are complicated and I think, at least for a time, Jorgensen qualified after accounting for his transfer fee. He might have been bought down. 

I think Tetteh would have been a DP had we taken the buy option. I believe that's what I read.

Regardless, our two most expensive attacking additions of the last couple seasons both combined for fewer goals than Danny Cepero.

at no time was Jorgenson a dp Tetteh wasnt either since they didnt pick up his option and even if they did he would have easily been able to be bought down. If we counted dps by salary then you would have to count long Parker and royer as dps

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

The plus side is neither are here and still occupying valuable international spots. Need to get these next signings right.

Guys with more of a track record at a professional level, although tbf Tetteh had some of that but obviously did not work out.

Would wager that if he came in prior to the 2020 season and had a more defined role, he probably would have been ok.

Probably for the best anyway with current management moving away from using traditional wing players.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Wonder if Royer is seen as the other starter at striker, alongside a new signing. White and Barlow #3 and 4 on the depth chart, with Sowe potentially getting signed to a reserve contract.

Makes sense - for some reason I don't see Royer playing in a narrow midfield. I always picture him coming from wide and running into space. I bet you are correct. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Would wager that if he [Tetteh] came in prior to the 2020 season and had a more defined role, he probably would have been ok.

Probably for the best anyway with current management moving away from using traditional wing players.

Two good points. 

Also suggests Tetteh not being Struber's guy. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I know only a few people agree, but IMHO Jorgensen was our worst signing ever. Take out the contract element and judging pure skill, still top 3 worst players in club history.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I know only a few people agree, but IMHO Jorgensen was our worst signing ever. Take out the contract element and judging pure skill, still top 3 worst players in club history.

Jorgensen -> METRO = Bebe-> Man United.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I might disagree only because he had no element of toxicity or sloth, which should be factors.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I might disagree only because he had no element of toxicity or sloth, which should be factors.  

Fair point. Fortunately, he is a nice kid.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

The opportunity cost alone puts him high up. Considering how little they spent the past two years, what if they used 2.5M to buy a real striker...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

All competitions, primary position = forward, most minutes, 0 goals

Ruben Dario Hernandez   836
Oscar Echeverry   581
Martin Klinger 513
Mathias Jorgensen   407
Fredrik Gulbrandsen 362
Samuel Tetteh  328
Dominic Oduro   304
Jhonny Arteaga 227
Muhamed Keita   203
Andre Akpan   197

This is some rarefied company.

Jorgensen and Echeverry didn't even record a single assist. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users