174 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Depends on if Valot and Clark are played more as 8s.  If they are, the forward/attacking mid group really is Royer, Kaku, White, Haksa, Barlow, Omir and Harper with harper not coming until the summer.  Barlow skill wise is better a 4th string forward which is what he would be in this scenario.   6 guys for 3 slots is pretty normal. 

The only problem I see is that a lot of the options are redundant, unless the new system doesnt require a true target man.

Haksabanovic probably isnt winning a lot of aerial duels, Royer would probably be his backup.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Feels like we have too many bodies right now. Have a hard time seeing how there's playing time for all of Royer, Kaku, Valot, Omir, Clark, Barlow, White, Saed, and Harper. Maybe you can push Omir and Harper into part-time USL duty but even then it's crowded.

FWDs - White, Barlow, Royer

AMs - Kaku, Valot, Omir, Haksabanovic, Clark (gone in summer?) & Harper (not here until summer)

5 players for ~3 spots in attacking midfield doesn't seem like too much. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

FWDs - White, Barlow, Royer
AMs - Kaku, Valot, Omir, Haksabanovic, Clark (gone in summer?) & Harper (not here until summer)

5 players for ~3 spots in attacking midfield doesn't seem like too much. 

Without knowing how RBNY plans on using him I still see Haksabanovic as a forward. He does defensive work but not enough where I think they would use him as an 8 in the diamond.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Without knowing how RBNY plans on using him I still see Haksabanovic as a forward. He does defensive work but not enough where I think they would use him as an 8 in the diamond.

Makes sense, I don't really know. I was more saying that there doesn't seem to be too many bodies. Hopefully some of these moves get completed. Makes me excited for the coming season!  

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
https://twitter.com/...4149156867?s=21

This source doesnt exclude the possibility of Harper coming before the summer

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

https://twitter.com/...4149156867?s=21

This source doesnt exclude the possibility of Harper coming before the summer

Excellent. Sounds like he thinks (and RB is open to) first team action. What is Harper's game like? He's played for US youth teams? 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Excellent. Sounds like he thinks (and RB is open to) first team action. What is Harper's game like? He's played for US youth teams? 

Cameron Harper: Things to know about exciting American winger

https://www.90min.co...H8_jpwjrupOtDzE

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Just from highlights he seems to have a good motor, is pacey, and likes to take defenders 1 on 1.

He looks like Haksabanovic lite on the opposite side of the field with maybe less playmaking ability.

Clearly he wants first team minutes, so at some point that could be our front 2.

MattGP

MattGP

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Brian Sciaretta wrote about him last year for ASN. 

http://americansocce...rong-u-20-start

From the article:

But Harper is traditional winger who is right-footed but comfortable with his left and doesn’t have a preference for a side of the field. He likes to play out wide, get into 1v1 situations against defenders, make runs, cut inside for shots, or stay out wide to hit crosses.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

From the article:

But Harper is traditional winger who is right-footed but comfortable with his left and doesn’t have a preference for a side of the field. He likes to play out wide, get into 1v1 situations against defenders, make runs, cut inside for shots, or stay out wide to hit crosses.

We haven't had a winger like that on the team since Lloyd Sam. I guess Sims for the brief time he was here.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

From the article:

But Harper is traditional winger who is right-footed but comfortable with his left and doesnt have a preference for a side of the field. He likes to play out wide, get into 1v1 situations against defenders, make runs, cut inside for shots, or stay out wide to hit crosses.

A two-footed player, what a concept! Do we have a player at the moment who's comfortable with both feet? Omir maybe?

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Ginger American Lloyd Sam!

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

He's played one senior game in his life... and that was this week.

On the bench for Celtic today.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Unproven, yes but contrast this with the Jorgensen signing. Similar age at signing, and similar upside (Harper probably has a slight edge on Jorgensen there) but isnt going to cost a multi million dollar transfer fee and is domestic so wont occupy an international slot.

Much less risky dart throw

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Berhalter was a big fan of Harper invited him train with USMNT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users