151 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We should be having the same season as LAFC!

Should post this again in the buy-a-team thread.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I hear the first 5000 fans will be getting Red Bulls branded nose plugs to deal with the landfill stench. Hopefully the stench from the field isn't worse. We have been pretty bad at home against some bad teams this year. This game does not inspire confidence. Best 11, 2 d mids, no excuses.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I hear the first 5000 fans will be getting Red Bulls branded nose plugs to deal with the landfill stench. Hopefully the stench from the field isn't worse. We have been pretty bad at home against some bad teams this year. This game does not inspire confidence. Best 11, 2 d mids, no excuses.

Not to deal with the shitty performances from the team?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Glad Robin Fraser got another manager job. He's a quality coach, was very helpful to Petke during his time here and has earned another chance. I wouldn't have made the move now cause Conor Casey appears to have righted the ship and has them playing better. Off season prob make more sense. But good luck to him. The west is really competitive right now and they need consistency at manager to compete and stay relevant. Otherwise, they'll be proverbial cellar dwellers.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I hear the first 5000 fans will be getting Red Bulls branded nose plugs to deal with the landfill stench...

The way this team has been getting people to RBA, there should be plenty of leftover nose plugs for the next match...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Hoping there's some sort of Tim Howard tribute, though I don't know if you guys can tell I'm biased...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Hoping there's some sort of Tim Howard tribute

You could start the You ll Always Be A Metro chant.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hoping there's some sort of Tim Howard tribute, though I don't know if you guys can tell I'm biased...

I still remember the Nike commercial with him and his United teammates. Was that the one with Henry being chased in a hotel? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Good quotes defenses needs to step it up
Everyone recognizes it. Here is what there doing about it

Despite Wright-Phillips' ups and downs, with 47 goals through 28 matches the Red Bulls aren't all that far off the pace from the 62 they scored en route to winning the 2018 Supporters' Shield. It's the 42 they've conceded nine more than last season that are more troubling.

With only one trophy left to compete for this year, goalkeeper Luis Robles says the defense is where things need to change.

"We had a really good talk today, just the defenders and the whole unit about just not meeting the standard that we set last year," Robles said Wednesday, "that we need to get back to what makes us good. That competitive spirit, winning our 1-on-1 battles, really taking things personal. And if we can do that for the last six games, then I think it puts us in a great opportunity to really do something special this year."

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Good quotes defenses needs to step it up
Everyone recognizes it. Here is what there doing about it

Despite Wright-Phillips' ups and downs, with 47 goals through 28 matches the Red Bulls aren't all that far off the pace from the 62 they scored en route to winning the 2018 Supporters' Shield. It's the 42 they've conceded nine more than last season that are more troubling.

With only one trophy left to compete for this year, goalkeeper Luis Robles says the defense is where things need to change.

"We had a really good talk today, just the defenders and the whole unit about just not meeting the standard that we set last year," Robles said Wednesday, "that we need to get back to what makes us good. That competitive spirit, winning our 1-on-1 battles, really taking things personal. And if we can do that for the last six games, then I think it puts us in a great opportunity to really do something special this year."

Doesn't speak well that this late into the season they decide to "step it up".  Doesn't sound like their coach has the team's attention either.  I think most of us have recognized the drop in grit this year and have tired of hearing that " we are not playing like us" quote.  If the FO accepts this than I will step aside as a season ticket holder and "commit" to the games that I feel most like going to.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

^Absolutely. Our defense was incredible last year. It felt like the only time someone would score on us was if they scored a banger or made an amazing play. Now, it seems at least once a game we are shooting ourselves in the foot, making a dumb mistake to lead to a goal.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

To be fair, part of me does understand why they don't have the motivation necessary to win every single game this year. These guys put so much effort - physically and emotionally into winning the shield last year - and what did they get as their reward? The season was still viewed as a failure by most, and when people think of "best team" last year they think of Atlanta. Its not right...but that's just how it is in this league.

I think after going through that - some guys twice, or even 3 times now. Working their ass off the entire regular season only for the season to be viewed as a failure - maybe its hard to get up for every single game. Maybe that's why we've seen them drop points at home to Cincinnati, Vancouver, ect. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Doesn't speak well that this late into the season they decide to "step it up".  Doesn't sound like their coach has the team's attention either.  I think most of us have recognized the drop in grit this year and have tired of hearing that " we are not playing like us" quote.  If the FO accepts this than I will step aside as a season ticket holder and "commit" to the games that I feel most like going to.

They did what they did and They are where they are
Armas has a style and is a relatively new coach as all coaches are at some point
What else would you propose - they not step it up
Throw up their hands and say seasons ocer?

They are doing something as the PLAYERS need to figure it out as well
Maybe point out to Long - Robinson is going to take ur job inUSMNT
Parker - ur not getting a USMNT call any tone soon
Murillo - we had almost no transfer request for you this summer
Have some pride guys

Maybe FO said bringing in a high level winger will take pressure off back line and enable us to score 1-2 more per game so if DEFESE cant step it up we can still win

Or maybe not

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
How many of our defenders got a raise or a new contract in the last year?

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

How many of our defenders got a raise or a new contract in the last year?

Good point. I think all of them? Maybe not Murrilo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users