417 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Parker for funny money sounds very good to me. Parker is tough and physical. Wasnt he in the Red Bulls set up already and we passed on him? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

He was not part of this org to the best of my knowledge.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Send some allocation money Vancouver's way and sign Scarlett from RBNY II and we can field a starting XI entirely from the New York metro area.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He was with Rough Riders and Brooklyn Italians. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
And he's got a little nastiness too IIRC.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You do realize that this is MLS and you can't have everything. We are already straining the international slots and I hope we are saving one for a bona fide attacking prospect. Getting a good young American CB is a no brainer when you consider the entire roster constraints.

I realize that and I like this deal if it can get done (not for Felipe).

But as everyone knows Ive wanted more from ownership/management over the past few years at the CB position. I dont know any of the details around this potential move, but it feels like they went into preseason and said UH OH were short at CB again quick lets make a move!

And every season for the past I dont even know 5 years? people have been clamoring for more firepower in the attack and yet weve consistently had a fantastic attack. Injuries to the defense and DUMB mistakes by the defense have cost us big time. I want it to stop. Im sick of it.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
I guess this kid we got from orlando didnt convince the ataff hes ready heavy minutes

5 year plan

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Send some allocation money Vancouver's way and sign Scarlett from RBNY II and we can field a starting XI entirely from the New York metro area.

The Sharlie Joseph oversight still irks me. Iirc he was 4th round pick by Revs.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Thank you. Maybe I’m thinking of him playing with Lade at St. John’s, not sure. The more I think about it, the more I love this potential move. A tough, rugged, 24 year old, American CB. Not really good enough to be gpushing for a big European move, which means he’ll most likely spend his career in MLS. These kind of players are invaluable to a team. Guys like Chad Marshall, Bobby Boswell, etc., who are good MLS players but not good enoughfor big Euro leagues. I’d say, pay that funny money, pay that player and let’s go.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
I’ve seen him play multiple times with Orlando. He was a disappointment.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I would rather overpay for this transaction using various allocation money forms, than pay market value for deal including Felipe (even though I am not the biggest Felipe fan) because it's almost March and our season starts Thursday.  At the moment I think we only have one player who even qualifies for TAM (Royer), so there is no way we come even close to using the annual allotment.  Throw them all the TAM they could ever dream of.  This is a transfer that needs to get done, I don't even know why Vancouver would get rid of him, makes no sense

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I realize that and I like this deal if it can get done (not for Felipe).

But as everyone knows Ive wanted more from ownership/management over the past few years at the CB position. I dont know any of the details around this potential move, but it feels like they went into preseason and said UH OH were short at CB again quick lets make a move!

And every season for the past I dont even know 5 years? people have been clamoring for more firepower in the attack and yet weve consistently had a fantastic attack. Injuries to the defense and DUMB mistakes by the defense have cost us big time. I want it to stop. Im sick of it.

I hear you, but...We already utilize 3 international slots across the back 4: Lawrence, Collin and Murillo. Backup CB Escobar also takes up an Intl. slot.

Would you like us to forgo a good domestic CB just to add an Intl. CB who may or may not adapt to MLS and then not be able to add the needed BWP successor/backup/pairing because of no Intl. slot (or have to dump depth to secure him)?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
From what I’ve read, Parker wants a big raise. That’s the only reason Vancouver I’d consider shopping him.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

From what I’ve read, Parker wants a big raise. That’s the only reason Vancouver I’d consider shopping him.

also, since he's playing on a canadian team, does he (American) count as an "international" slot? or is that not how it works?

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
This, then Bobby Wood in July (let us pray), and we're serious cup contenders for a few years.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

From what Ive read, Parker wants a big raise. Thats the only reason Vancouver Id consider shopping him.

Whats a big raise though? Is 50% raise enough? $150k is not a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users