MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Trying to understand the motivation behind short changing Peterborough on a bid knowing what he was valued at.

I dont think anyone is buying the well, we tried malarkey anymore, they had to have known in order to beat the Championship and SPL giants to the punch they would have to approach the number Peterborough wanted.

If I find it hard to believe one of those teams wont eclipse that bid when their windows open, and if they dont I cant see Peterborough selling him on the cheap unless they are direly in need of $$.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Trying to understand the motivation behind short changing Peterborough on a bid knowing what he was valued at.

I dont think anyone is buying the well, we tried malarkey anymore, they had to have known in order to beat the Championship and SPL giants to the punch they would have to approach the number Peterborough wanted.

If I find it hard to believe one of those teams wont eclipse that bid when their windows open, and if they dont I cant see Peterborough selling him on the cheap unless they are direly in need of $$.

Who knows, maybe our interest is bogus, and Peterborough is making it up to rise the price. Wouldn't be the first time.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

They rate him at £11M:

https://www.peterbor...y-cheap-2882708

Turned down £8M previously:

https://www.peterbor...-winger-2875983

A very big club in the United States 😎

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

They rate him at £11M:

https://www.peterbor...y-cheap-2882708

Turned down £8M previously:

https://www.peterbor...-winger-2875983

The world is full of clubs desperate for money right now, and our guys are hoping for some desperation discounts.   There SHOULD be plenty of those opportunities, we're just too inept to actually take advantage of them.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Well, with all the BLM going around globally, Wonder whose least racist country: UK or US.

https://www.independ...u-a9177136.html

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Are we leading the league in rejected bids.  What world do we live in when rejected bids make more news than actual signings?

And why dont we sign MLS free agents?  Are they no good?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Are we leading the league in rejected bids.  What world do we live in when rejected bids make more news than actual signings?

And why dont we sign MLS free agents?  Are they no good?

Because they tend to be on the older side and RB stays away from players like that. Not like Larentowicz helped Atlanta win a cup or anything...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

can also assume that any free agent is only gonna sign if the salary offered is favorable...and judging by how Taxi bailed, the team won't offer a salary that would entice a free agent to sign. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Because they tend to be on the older side and RB stays away from players like that. Not like Larentowicz helped Atlanta win a cup or anything...

Also because MLS free agents are usually free for a reason.

https://www.mlssocce...2020-mls-season

I don't want anyone on that list besides the DP-caliber players, and none of them were ever actually going to move.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
RBNY: We like young players

Central and South America: We have cheap young players here

RBNY: Nah, we are going to shop in England

RBNY: Heres the most we can offer for your player under contract for 1-3 more years

English club: 😂 Fuck off, bruv

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

RBNY: We like young players

Central and South America: We have cheap young players here

RBNY: Nah, we are going to shop in England

RBNY: Heres the most we can offer for your player under contract for 1-3 more years

English club: 😂 Fuck off, bruv

Basically....keep shopping in the most overrated market when you can purchase the next young stars from literally south of your own border. But, hey, thats the RedBull way right?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Basically....keep shopping in the most overrated market when you can purchase the next young stars from literally south of your own border. But, hey, thats the RedBull way right?

I get the focus on Europe because of Red Bull's location, but like...fuck England. Send scouts to Romania, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Croatia. Places that aren't totally picked over already, and that might actually have deals available.

Why even try to spend $5-10 million on Toney when you could sign someone like Ianis Hagi for half that? Fiorentina bagged him for $2.2 million when he was 18.

It's so weird, because the rest of the Red Bull scouting system rules. They bought Haland for $9 million, Timo Werner for $15 million, Naby Keita for $1.5 million (they turned a $64.5 million profit on him in 4 years!) The list is almost endless. But then when it comes to this branch of the organization, they've got their brains collectively working like a wet potato, trying to sign a third-division striker in his mid-20s. It's baffling.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

thats the RedBull way right?

We should be looking in Brazil.
RB has two clubs there now.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I get the focus on Europe because of Red Bull's location, but like...fuck England. Send scouts to Romania, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Croatia. Places that aren't totally picked over already, and that might actually have deals available.

Why even try to spend $5-10 million on Toney when you could sign someone like Ianis Hagi for half that? Fiorentina bagged him for $2.2 million when he was 18.

It's so weird, because the rest of the Red Bull scouting system rules. They bought Haland for $9 million, Timo Werner for $15 million, Naby Keita for $1.5 million (they turned a $64.5 million profit on him in 4 years!) The list is almost endless. But then when it comes to this branch of the organization, they've got their brains collectively working like a wet potato, trying to sign a third-division striker in his mid-20s. It's baffling.

yes hard to understand but seems like this is Theiwell contacts but I thought it would go beyond Britain + our new scouting and analytics department has had a few months to poor over old video

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users