mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

https://twitter.com/...105965740376064

"Well, I see Felipe to #RBNY news is out there. Hearing it can be for two NY players -- one a mid. Working to find out more. #IMFC"

EDIT: https://twitter.com/...106578305892352

Its Felipe and Top Allocation Spot for Oyongo and Alexander. Oh and don't forget the garber bucks.

Fucking shit move. Watch us not use the spot too.

SUPER EDIT: Deal now also includes an international slot for Montreal, wonderful!

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Alexander. Fuck.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Alexander, Oyongo, allocation money -> Montreal

Felipe, top allocation spot -> RBNY

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yep, Alexander and Oyongo.  Makes some sense because Alexander hasn't been in any pictures from camp. Usually the dude is right next to Dax.

Top spot in the allocation order has to be for someone like Kljestan who would then take Alexander's spot.   We'll have a very strong spine of the team.  Kind of annoyed we had to send any allocation money the other way but hopefully it's just a small number.

I am hoping we secured any sale percentage for Oyongo because it's clear the dude is gone soon.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What a fucking awful move.

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros

sounds like we just traded all our Skylanders figures for a Pog.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Alexander is in a few training camp pictures.

Doesn't mean its not him.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Of course, if they had done this 2 weeks ago though could have had Jozy, in theory, but, that wasn't going to happen. But anyway.

Yeah- assuming you aren't completely retarded- you only trade for the top spot in the allocation order if you have a guy "all but signed" and ready to go. To trade for it just "hoping" that someone good comes through it is a waste. It better fking be that we've got a deal done, and this was just part of the (mike & the) mechanics of the deal.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Of course, if they had done this 2 weeks ago though could have had Jozy, in theory, but, that wasn't going to happen. But anyway.

Yeah- assuming you aren't completely retarded- you only trade for the top spot in the allocation order if you have a guy "all but signed" and ready to go. To trade for it just "hoping" that someone good comes through it is a waste. It better fking be that we've got a deal done, and this was just part of the (mike & the) mechanics of the deal.

Jozy wouldn't have fit.

But yeah, no targets at all that we've heard of. Such a shit move.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

What a fucking awful move.

You have to view it in terms of what they get back, and we don't know what allocation money was sent.

So, if it is $ 150k in allocation money and they sign Agudelo, it's a waste. If it is $ 50k and they sign (I don't know) Alejandro Bedoya, then maybe it's a good deal. Way too early to tell. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Again, this is a trade I would have done as I said before.  Never been a fan of Alexander and I think Oyongo is a goner soon either way.

Need a winger, but that's fine in my opinion.

Still need a centerback big time but there is nothing to indicate that they're looking at getting one.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Well the only way getting rid of Alexander makes sense to me is if we get Kljestan. This trade will be a positive for us if we use that top allocation spot for something.

Losing Oyongo hurts and we definitely need to bring a winger in and some left sided depth for sure.

I really do like Felipe and that we do have a true starting attacking midfielder type with Luyindula behind him on the depth chart.

A Dax/Felipe/Kljestan midfield is pretty good IMO. Still definitely need a winger.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Jozy wouldn't have fit.

But yeah, no targets at all that we've heard of. Such a shit move.

I know he wasn't a great fit, but, just saying hypothetically, and also, sentimentally, he's our boy. Will hurt to seem him scoring against us. Plus, Jozy could be in the league for 9 more years, BWP could be gone in 2. Saying we can't have Jozy because our lineup only fits a 4-5-1, might look silly in hindsight. (or might not, who knows). 

jj____

jj____

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FFC

If the allocation thing is true, we need to work fast.  Window is almost shut

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Well the only way getting rid of Alexander makes sense to me is if we get Kljestan. This trade will be a positive for us if we use that top allocation spot for something.

Losing Oyongo hurts and we definitely need to bring a winger in and some left sided depth for sure.

I really do like Felipe and that we do have a true starting attacking midfielder type with Luyindula behind him on the depth chart.

A Dax/Felipe/Kljestan midfield is pretty good IMO. Still definitely need a winger.

Maybe we could try to pick up Bedoya/Johnson (they probably won't come though) and instead stick Davis or somebody in the midfield posistion. Might be stronger overall. 

We've also gone from 1 CAM to 3 CAM now this off season. What's going to happen to Stolz or Luyindula now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users