LONG LIVE METRO

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Can we finally put in a good away performance and get some points on the road? MTL has been up and down this year and they are there for the taking next week, Let's build on the NE win and put some wins together. 

Start with the same lineup except put Murillo in for Zizzo. Hope and pray that Long is ok and maybe Collin will be closer to game action. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Remember that time we didn't lose from July to October? Then lost the first game of playoffs in Montreal? Jesse Marsh members.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

HA. we'll be lucky to get the road pt. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Long was just cramping so he should be fine.  I'd hold off on Collin just because we don't have a game next weekend and that would extend his recovery time until the Open Cup game.  Toughest call is probably deciding who plays right back.  Murillo is the best of the bunch on the ball and moving forward, but I'm not crazy about his defensive instincts.

----------BWP----------

Grella--Sacha----Royer

----Felipe---Davis

Taxi Long DP Murillo

ANyway, I think we can beat Montreal. Piatti remains the biggest factor... Of the 3 right backs, I'd probably go with Murillo just because Lade tends to struggle with him, and Zizzo is always a question mark defensively.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Long was just cramping so he should be fine.  I'd hold off on Collin just because we don't have a game next weekend and that would extend his recovery time until the Open Cup game.  Toughest call is probably deciding who plays right back.  Murillo is the best of the bunch on the ball and moving forward, but I'm not crazy about his defensive instincts.

----------BWP----------
Grella--Sacha----Royer
----Felipe---Davis
Taxi Long DP Murillo

ANyway, I think we can beat Montreal. Piatti remains the biggest factor... Of the 3 right backs, I'd probably go with Murillo just because Lade tends to struggle with him, and Zizzo is always a question mark defensively.

Muyl instead of Grella, let him run around and be a pain in Piatti's ass.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
This will be a test to see if we've figured out how to breakdown a bunker yet.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I think we're hurting more on the road because our counter attack blows right now... I just don't think we have enough pace. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

----------BWP----------

Grella--Sacha----Royer

----Felipe---Davis

Taxi Long DP Murillo

agree hold off on collin

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

I think we're hurting more on the road because our counter attack blows right now... I just don't think we have enough pace. 

Who needs pace when you have guys like Grella with mad backheel passes.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Keep in mind that Montreal has a midweek Canadian Champions game vs Vancouver....so short week of rest. In other words, trap-game for Metro!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
If DP and long can't go just go with

----------BWP--Gulbrandsen------

Grella--Sacha----Royer

----Felipe---Davis

Lade Taxi Murillo

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Keep in mind that Montreal has a midweek Canadian Champions game vs Vancouver....so short week of rest. In other words, trap-game for Metro!

Itll be interesting to pay attention who plays. With MTL having a bye week I don't think the two games in 14 days with 3 days in between should not be a problem for them. So yes, trap game it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users