298 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Hamlett gave Ivan a 300k contract. That alone should be enough to fire him.

Just look at what 300k can do in MLS. Then look at Ivan.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,812 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Muyl has a Euro passport? From where and when did he get that? ... hadn't heard that before.

His parents are from France.
https://en.m.wikiped.../wiki/Alex_Muyl

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Hamlett gave Ivan a 300k contract. That alone should be enough to fire him.

Just look at what 300k can do in MLS. Then look at Ivan.

Ivan is actually a good player. The problem with the ivan signing is that he plays the same position as Royer, DE, omir and muyl.

The wing position is a strength.

I think we can survive with what we have in the midfield and offense. The biggest need is RB and cm

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He should be a good player with Salzburg, then, if that's the case. I'm sure they'd love to have him. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Ivan is actually a good player. The problem with the ivan signing is that he plays the same position as Royer, DE, omir and muyl.

I think we can survive with what we have in the midfield and offense. The biggest need is RB and cm

He's not a good player. He barely gets minutes and when he does, he contributes nothing.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

He's not a good player. He barely gets minutes and when he does, he contributes nothing.

with a run of games Ivan would be a solid player.  Problem is everyone we have at right wing right now is just solid so he was a redundant signing.   Our attacking depth is better than the days when Khano Smith was on the bench, we just dont have the extra gamebreaker up there.  And among that group (Ivan/DE/Omir) Omir is the only one i think can develop to become Royer level.  

But like Elf said we have such a big hole at the 6 and a right back to push Murillo that I am okay ignoring that issue until those positions are filled. 

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts

My point suggests that he may have zero authority to make any moves. The new ubermeister may have frozen him out of all decision making.

I agree with you. We are to become a farm team running the business on the cheap. They only vets that were going to acquire will be salsburg cast offs

5 year plan

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

His parents are from France.
https://en.m.wikiped.../wiki/Alex_Muyl

Hes gonna have a tough choice when Les Bleus come calling

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

His stats this year are very good for the little he played.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,910 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

His stats this year are very good for the little he played.

Omir 3g 3a, 1 per 108 mins

Barlow 3g, 1 per 146 mins

Ivan 2g 2a, 1 per 156 mins

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Omir 3g 3a, 1 per 108 mins
Barlow 3g, 1 per 146 mins
Ivan 2g 2a, 1 per 156 mins

Barlow is a forward. He should have better stats.

Ivan and omir are wingers. Both are fighting for the same spot. Both stats are good. The reason you dont see ivan, omir or DE7 with better stats is because they are fighting for muyl's position.

Plus, there is no way they are going to start over royer. He is the team's mvp.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Ivan and omir are wingers. Both are fighting for the same spot. Both stats are good. The reason you dont see ivan, omir or DE7 with better stats is because they are fighting for muyl's position.

For his pay, he should be beating out those other guys. He has exceptional skill on the ball, probably our best 1v1 guy, and very quick. Anyone who watched what he did to the Rev defense in the Montclair USOC game could see that. He just hasn't yet shown an ability for that last pass or shot.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Ivan suffers from the same thing Etienne does, they play like its a game of FIFA. Skill moves for days but usually like Scouse said, they end up taking the 3rd best option with the final ball almost every time.

Taxi4Taxi

Taxi4Taxi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Arsenal

Barlow is a hold up forward just out of NYRBII on a league minimum contract. Omir is 20 and just out of college getting inconsistent minutes. Ivan is the odd man out here. Not passing Muyl and Etienne despite being old, with more experience, and on a $300k a year contract.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

The wing position is crowded.. In 2015 it was a strength.. When guys on each wing could score and hit or were close to double digit goals and assists...

The team has the same system more or less aa 2015.. Those guys are gone... Yet wingers were all stars and the CAM was a stud and #9 aka 99 owned...

Hamlett or whoever have the job of finding personnel that can do the same... Yet the numbers aren't there with the guys he's brought in... Aka he's failed
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users