• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I think the south ward needs more drums... that will sound way better!  :)+  :)+  :)+

AND you then need all those drums playing offbeat to multiple songs!

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

It's so bad. My seats in 101 are next to the aisle by GSU and they literally did not even make it five minutes into the game before going rogue. Then they'll join a chant as it's about to end and keep doing it while VA/ESC moved on. It's dumb, I'm sick of these hooligans. Honestly is ruining the game for me to the point where I do not even want to be there.

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Plain and simple, GSU has no interest in a unified South Ward.  I'd argue that some of them never have.  It's time to go separate ways and let ESC/VA take over the south end and have GSU in the north end upper deck next to the away support (Where they went on their own volition a couple of years ago).

I don't know why you guys put up with them, the leaders of ESC and VA could have them booted with little effort considering your two groups out sell them in tickets and memberships like 30 to 1.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Amerisnob

Amerisnob

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Supports:Cosmos, Metro, PAOK

Who knows, maybe The Five Points will be taking over their section soon :D

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Who knows, maybe The Five Points will be taking over their section soon :D

What is The Five Points?  An organization in support of satanism?

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

pooperscooper

pooperscooper

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA, Arsenal

A hole in the ground in Long Island City  :unsure:

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

What is The Five Points?  An organization in support of satanism?

Maybe I'll run into them at the Judas Priest show at Barclays tonight!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

soccerfreak9210

soccerfreak9210

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Roma, Nats

We've fallen into the trap of scripting the game. Sure, it seemed like a great idea at first, everyone will be on the same page and singing the same songs. But that got old, quick. "We Love Ya" aside, we shouldn't sing songs in a certain minute just 'cause. We absolutely need to be reactive to the game in front of us, otherwise it's the same experience every single game. It's boring. 

GSU thrives because the capos are super high energy and in the faces of the people in the section. It literally make you yell louder and makes it feel like what 101 used to be. I have no experience as a capo, but the ones in 101 and 102 just look lazy compared to what I see going on in 133. People are saying that GSU is just 40 people... Well guess what, they are outsinging 700 people and the entire 'TV' side of the stadium claps along to them, not whatever is being done in 101/102.

Those are facts that the old guard (because this is so obviously a 'we did it this way for 15 years so we have to keep doing it this way' situation) need to realize and grow with. As much as we (101) want to keep doing what we're doing, 133 wants to change it up. Can't have both and this issue is beyond simple song selection. It's about being reactive to the energy of the game, something 133 does very well and something that's been lacking in the rest of the SW.

For example, wipeout used to be my favorite thing. Now, maybe 2 rows pogo and maybe half of the people sing the verse. There's no problem putting it on the back burner for a while. It doesn't mean "GSU has won", it means we can adapt to reality.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Well that was a shit show lol

cryforburke

cryforburke

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

This was the worst SW showing yet.  It was completely awful yesterday.  I had five different people ask me some variation of "why is that one group on the end always starting different chants in the middle of what the other two groups are doing?"  

I moved to a few different sections and they ALL think that it's GSU causing the problems.  The entire stadium is turning on those guys.  There has GOT to be a way to get it together...what the fuck is the problem? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users