16 replies to this topic

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls/MetroStars

Worst US squad I've seen in 30yrs.   The two most talented players they had were riding pine.   McKennie/Musah/Weah/Ferreira/Haji/Zimmerman/Acosta/Moore have no business playing in a world cup

Berhalter should be fired as soon as his foot touches US soil .  

eagercolin

eagercolin

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Worst US squad I've seen in 30yrs.   The two most talented players they had were riding pine.   McKennie/Musah/Weah/Ferreira/Haji/Zimmerman/Acosta/Moore have no business playing in a world cup

People say dumb shit.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Worst US squad I've seen in 30yrs.

Worse than the squad that didnt qualify In 2018? That seems like a well thought out statement.

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

People say dumb shit.

so close your mouth

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Why not Marcelo Gallardo? He had a solid run, as manager, with River Plate.

Gallardo is a complete D-Bag

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Worse than the squad that didnt qualify In 2018? That seems like a well thought out statement.

Lets see....... 2018   had Dempsey Beasley  Bradley Howard Ream Guzan Jozy Pulisic  Yedlin

2022   has  Musah ?   McKennie ?  Ferreira ?  Haji  ?  Weah ?  Moore ?  Zimmerman ? Acosta ?  BERHALTER ?

yeah, they are the worst in 30 yrs. 

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

So, both the team AND the coach suck?

Bingo. 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Not a bad piece of performance art, this.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Lets see....... 2018   had Dempsey Beasley  Bradley Howard Ream Guzan Jozy Pulisic  Yedlin

2022   has  Musah ?   McKennie ?  Ferreira ?  Haji  ?  Weah ?  Moore ?  Zimmerman ? Acosta ?  BERHALTER ?

Makes sense to compare these 2groups

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Metrostars avi, probably last watched soccer when the team existed.

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Not a bad piece of performance art, this.

Kinda guy that enjoys watching the Redbulls in the middle of August  in front of 13 fans and wonders why the team hasn't lifted a trophy yet .

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

also in general i don't believe a coach should be able to coach for more than one world cup.  That said I think Gregg did more good than harm coaching wise.  Only major qualms i have are not bringing 4 forwards, not subbing more aggressively against England to save some of our overused guys and some sub player preferences.  But i respect him for not only taking Sargent and Ream when they showed sustained form but throwing them in starting XI over his guys that started in qualifying.  Several coaches are too stubborn to do that.

Berhalter left two of his best players on the bench to play a clueless Musah.  To play another clueless player in Ferreira.  Brings back a 35yr old centerback from the dead.  He should be fired at the airport. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Bingo. 

New member. What was/were your previous screen name(s)?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

2018 didnt qualify for the World Cup. This group qualified AND made it out of the group stages. You can name all the players you want from 2018, but at that stage in their careers they werent good enough to qualify.

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Worse than a 98-99 squad that lost every single group game in the World Cup, and fell outside the FIFA Top 30 the next spring? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users